Blue Planet II

I'll be watching it, looking forward to it

The makers were talking on the radio and they said they got some great footage so it should be very good

Fish catching birds in flight............Loved it :)
And the fish using a bit of hard coral to crack open a shell - I'll never look in my neighbours' fish tank in quite the same way again
The photography is just beautiful, but with a serious message too

Fish catching birds in flight............Loved it :)
And the fish using a bit of hard coral to crack open a shell - I'll never look in my neighbours' fish tank in quite the same way again
The photography is just beautiful, but with a serious message too

Really amazing stuff, agree those bird-catching fish provided incredibly well taken footage ... great work. :)

I gave my tropical fish a glance while watching that part, great programme

I will rest easy in life knowing i have seen parts of this magnificent planet that i otherwise didnt know exist.

I love Sir Attenborough's passion, enthusiasim and gentle tones.

Makes for great viewing and listening

Last edited by a moderator:
So you go to the bottom of the ocean in a submersible that had sprung a leak and stones are falling off of melting icebergs above you!

The brine sea, the methane gas fields, the sharks feeding on the whale, the carnivorous squid.....where does it end?

Excellent again tonight. The people who get this footage for us have my profound respect. 1000m in such a tiny sub - with a leak. I get claustrophobia. I could barely look. I did try imagining have a transparent head but I was eating dinner at the time so didn't dwell on it too long................ Isn't it amazing how nature is so beautiful yet it all comes down to survival and who eats who first?

This second episode by its very nature showing the very deep ocean was stunning in its scope and staggering quality of the filming & imagery.

I think I might ask for the Blue Ray of this series as a Christmas gift because it so deserves watching again and then more selectively again & again in future.

All of David Attenborough's series show us our precious planet and it's non human denizens in ways we as individuals are very unlikely to see. It is a precious orb and this evenings episode mentioned that even at those depths trawling is damaging delicate flora & fauna..........what the heck are "we" doing to ourselves by this behaviour :( :(

Another great episode can't wait to see what's on next week's episode

Damn. Beat me to it.
Apparently last week's episode was the third most watched programme in the last 5 years.
No wonder.

Look out! ... Look out! ... There's a Bobbit about! :eek:

Back