Blue Planet II

Another cracking episode

I love the program, I just wish they would calm down on the sound effects. Sometimes they just seem a bit false.

I just wish they would calm down on the sound effects. Sometimes they just seem a bit false.
That's because they need to sell the programme to the American market and they demand musak over everything. Why do you think each episode is only 50 minutes long? It's because the yanks want it that long so that they can have 10 minutes of adverts in the middle of it. We get the filler bit at the end.

All the "Life on ..." and similar series have been 50 minutes + filler for just the reason Frank gave. The sound effects are added to keep the viewer interested while there's no talking - some are real (even if over dubbed, dolphin clicks and coral crunching parrot fish sounds are real) and some are just for effect.

Slightly surprised that the beeb have put another fishy series on on a Sunday night - Shark is on BBC4 just after Blue Planet 2.

I didn't see all of "sharks", but the bit I did see was the Greenland shark. That water looked mighty cold.

Makes me wonder what we will get when Attenborough shuffles off this mortal coil.
He doesn' seem to go out much - he is 90 - bug I suspect it is his hand very much on the button for the content. And his voice over is superb.

I only managed a couple of brief snippets of last night's episode around downloading images from Slimbridge and cooking dinner, but it'll give me something to watch instead of the usual weekday evening TV garbage.

Clashes with Guy Martin's tank on C4. Channel 13 saves the day, being C4+1!!!

Looking forward to both.

Flipping loud music, why don't they exercise some control! :mad:

On average, 3 to 4 shipping containers a day lost overboard!

That's a lot of pollution never mind a lot of lost money.

Sorry @gramps
Am away with friends all weekend. Just finished our evening meal and now starting on the conviviality! !!
Not near a TV(n)
Have to rely on catchup tomorrow night.
Don't spoil it for me.

And there was me thinking you were a dedicated fan! :D

Aye-up @mickledore hope you're not otherwise engaged ... 3 minutes to go! :D

:thinking:

Concentrate on the turtle! :D

Who new King Penguins did a complete moult of all their feathers! :eek:

Who new King Penguins did a complete moult of all their feathers! :eek:
I knew that !!!

Another super episode tonight.
The anemone digestion. The crabs. The blenys.
How do they find all this stuff.
Wish I could afford the insurance for their camera gear.

(In Edinburgh next Sunday so don't expect me on here!)

It was great to watch the sea lions working together to herd the tuna to where they wanted them. Shame the sharks invaded at one stage, but what a feeding frenzy that was. I would hope that the cameraman is getting danger money for being in the water with those things.

It was great to watch the sea lions working together to herd the tuna to where they wanted them. Shame the sharks invaded at one stage, but what a feeding frenzy that was. I would hope that the cameraman is getting danger money for being in the water with those things.
What I don't get is how everything flies/swims/runs toward their cameras, whereas everything turns away from mine!

I knew that:)
Never seen it myself.
I'd love to swim with manta rays. Trouble is I can't swim and don't know how to scuba dive.
PADI will pass you. Before anyone jumps all over me, I was up to rescue Diver level and I can't swim 50 yds without scuba or snorkel. Go for it. Best sport I ever took part in, albeit a bit expensive.
Matt

Been watching since the beginning ... like the Orcas, I'm partial to Herring. :)

Got a bit (a lot) bored with the plastic thing. Yes, it's tremendously important but isn't prime time Sunday night TV stuff. Smacks a bit too much of tub thumping.
Still a stonkingly good series. Sure to earn awards galore.
The photography is just stunning.

Back