Blue Reef Bristol

Edit My Images
Yes
Hello!
I've been lurking on these forums for about a month now but not made any posts until today. My new Nikon D5000 and todays trip to The Blue Reef Aquarium in Bristol has prompted me to break my silence.
I've only just got into photography so I know my photos are very much the work of a beginner. But any advice you can give me for my next trip to the aquarium will be very helpful and appreciated.

I know they are a bit rubbish compared to the excellent photos I've seen on here. But of all the photos taken today these are my favourite two

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0186-1.jpg

I haven't done any PP simply because I don't have any software to do it with (yet).
Thanks.

Last edited:
The little fishy is sharp and well exposed. I don't know if you've chosen to place him there in the frame or put the eye on the middle for focus and pressed go. Just mentioned as it's something to think about.

The turtle is just brilliant. I'd say that's a pretty decent start you're making there. Blue Reef is a great place for snapping. Been with the kiddies but not had the chance to make the most of the shootin ops.

The terrapin is great. I assume you've been reading up on your 'Rule of Thirds' ;)

Good start

Thanks for your comments guys. The rule of thirds was indeed one of the first things I read about. And a very handy rule it us for good photos.

Thanks for your comments guys. The rule of thirds was indeed one of the first things I read about. And a very handy rule it us for good photos.
Love the turtle pic and i have fallen foul to poor composition as ive had so many other things in my mind at the time!:wacky:
I myself have recently got into photography and bought the D5000 so i know where youre coming from. Ive got hold of PS CS 5 and its bloody hard to use baring in mind ive never used PS before. I feel like a 60 0year oldc using a mobile for the first time haha
Phil

Back