*** Blurb Photobooks, exclusive TP Member discount! ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
this deal is ongoing to 14th Feb so should now be working fine..

Thanks Matty,
Looks like they finished it as originally dated, before resinstated for one more month, and I happened to upload at just the wrong time :LOL:

Well, never mind, as I'll be uploading the next book before the end of the week anyway.

Thanks again (y)

I ordered one on 5th Jan, Shipment confirmation on 12th, Still nothing recieved, Ive just emailed so fingers crossed.

This better be good, I am putting my order in shortly for Valentines Day :D

I've used them for some time, and always found the quality to be extremely good, and they are now offering "Premium" paper, which I recommend (Thicker grade, and a definite luxury feel to the book) and it doesn't add an awful lot more to the cost

I ordered one on 5th Jan, Shipment confirmation on 12th, Still nothing recieved, Ive just emailed so fingers crossed.

I am still waiting for mine also. To be honest the length of time it takes for the book to be produced and sent has far exceeded what I would consider acceptable. Perhaps my expectations from Photobook are low, but I think that they do a pretty good job, pretty quickly. My wife is livid that she cannot take the holiday snaps into work despite this being the third week back.

I do not doubt the quality will be good if/when it does eventually arrive.

Chris

I am having loads of problems logging in to make an order??? Not going great at the moment :(

for those waiting for books, im sure that the books will be along in good time, dont forget they are not coming from the UK, its mainland europe i think.

If they turn up missing pages and with the covers falling off like some companies products then you can complain all you like!

Betty i dont know, have you tried emailing them?

I had to sign up again for it to work? :shrug:

Well I checked and double checked the book before ordering it, was very happy with it, and went to preview it after it had been ordered and it looks like two pages are missing now? Ill be peeved if they dont appear in the finished article! Honestly, I am being hard work today :D

I had to sign up again for it to work? :shrug:

Well I checked and double checked the book before ordering it, was very happy with it, and went to preview it after it had been ordered and it looks like two pages are missing now? Ill be peeved if they dont appear in the finished article! Honestly, I am being hard work today :D

You can check the file you've uploaded by turning on the PDF preview of your uploaded book. If the two pages are missing in the PDF preview, I'm afraid that is how it will arrive :(

But why? Why would the upload cause two pages to disappear?

Ive gone into the BookSmart app, and they are in there!!!! Nothing to do but wait and see :(

Oh, can you only preview the first 15 pages in the book? Maybe thats why?

not tried the software yet but come on guys!
the royal mail dont class domestic post as missing until 15 working days!
printing a book and dispatch to the uk in the time frame suggested above really isnt that bad... :shrug:

I don't think you have anything to worry about.
It shows the first 15 pages and the cover in the PDF (My mistake Betty, sorry.)
I had forgotten the 15 thing, as I never usually turn on the preview, but the BookSmart app shows everything you uploaded, so stop worrying :)

Phew, thank god for that :p

Looking forward to this now, took me bloody ages to get it the way I wanted :D

Will report back once I have it! Went for the premium paper too :)

I used the offer and was pleasantly supprised with the quality of the item. I had an issue where all my pages are black backgounds and the when the book was bound the paper was not cut straight, so on some pages I had a small white angled line running down the edge. Contacted their customer support, they asked for a scan or photo of the issue. I supplied a scan and within 2 hours got another apology from them and they would be sending me an other copy of my book FOC.
That is good customer service.

...I am now starting to wonder if this book is ever going to arrive - over three weeks so far, to me, it's just not acceptable.

I accept that I did not pay for the expidited service, it seemed pointless paying extra at at the time for another day or two. This appears to be my downfall.

Chris

Chris, have you contacted them?!

Yes - waiting for a reply. I imagine that I will have the:

1. If you wanted it quickly, you should have paid extra.
2. Please wait another xxx days as delivery times are outside our control.

Both probably plausable - just irritated that it would take this long to arrive. Holland is not that far away!

Chris

Yes - waiting for a reply. I imagine that I will have the:

1. If you wanted it quickly, you should have paid extra.
2. Please wait another xxx days as delivery times are outside our control.

Both probably plausable - just irritated that it would take this long to arrive. Holland is not that far away!

Chris

In the T&C it says that you need to allow 15 working days before chasing, then allow 5 working days for a reply.

Has anyone else had to wait this long? Do you pay for express postage?

Chris

in the uk companies generally suggest 28 days for delivery before getting upset..

how did I only discover this just now?! I think I'll see what I can put together then, great stuff TP+blurb!

I must admit, I had quite a slow down in my deliveries from Blurb over the Crimbo / New year period, and it does appear they've had quite a backlog as it takes them almost twice as long before letting me know the printings finished and the book is about to be mailed out.

I must admit, I had quite a slow down in my deliveries from Blurb over the Crimbo / New year period, and it does appear they've had quite a backlog as it takes them almost twice as long before letting me know the printings finished and the book is about to be mailed out.

...ordered on the 4th and sent on the 13th January. Still nothing. Personally I could not care less if it comes covered in chocolate - I will never ever order from them again. I understand that I did not pay for express delivery, but 16 days (so far) from within Europe?

My wife hates me a she has not been able to take the holiday photos to show her friends. I am sure that the quality is going to be fantastic, I just no longer care.

Chris

...ordered on the 4th and sent on the 13th January. Still nothing. Personally I could not care less if it comes covered in chocolate - I will never ever order from them again. I understand that I did not pay for express delivery, but 16 days (so far) from within Europe?

My wife hates me a she has not been able to take the holiday photos to show her friends. I am sure that the quality is going to be fantastic, I just no longer care.

Chris

Here here, I ordered on 5th Jan and was shipped on 12th, Still nothing.

So its been 14 Business days, 18 days normally since its been shipped. From start to now 25 days from order and counting. Not impressed upto now, I hope its worth waiting for.

Note to others.... Pay for express delivery tracked, DO NOT pick economy !

:thumbsdown:

certainly worth doing if its coming in from the continent. I deal with the continent day after day, and express for ANYTHING is the way to go. Dont be quick to blame blurb, i sent a sample card out to a customer in germany and it took 3 weeks.

What on earth?!?! Its hardly your bloody fault is it?!?! :LOL:

You know that, I know that - but women eh! You know how difficult they can be. ;)

I have to say it was my decision to change to Blurb and therefore my fault, should have stayed with tried and trusted.

Chris

sorry to hear that some of you are having such difficulties. As Matty says getting things in and out of the country can take time outside of Blurbs control. I'll not use Economy again, and in fact only used this time as I wasn't aware it was being shipped from the continent.:bang:

I recieved a follow up e-mail from Blurb bang on 25 days after I chased my order to ask if I had recieved it or not. So even though it's very little comfort I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Last edited:
Women are buggers, nothing is our fault ;)

Noone is to blame here, you heard good things about Blurb, unfortunatley, you have been disappointed, shame really :(

Tell her to chill out for goodness sake, she will have all the time in the world to show her holiday pics, things could be worse :)

Dont be quick to blame blurb, i sent a sample card out to a customer in germany and it took 3 weeks.

Had I understood the delay, perhaps if Blurb had mentioned it would take a month, I would have done. At the time I was poised over the expidited delivery option and should have pushed it.

What it does say (and I just just checked) is Economy should be 5-6 business days to print, 4-7 days to deliver.

It also says 'Please note: If you select a nontrackable or delivery confirmation method, Blurb will be unable to assist in the recovery of any package that is lost or missing in transit. (Seriously. No exceptions.) See our FAQs for more information on the difference between trackable, non-trackable, and delivery confirmation.'

So it looks like I have wasted my time and money with no comeback. Sad as I was just coming up to the 15 working days before complaining to them.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back