BNC cables

Edit My Images
No
Hey,

I know there's a few OB guys on here - any recommendations for where to buy good premade BNC cables from? Always difficult when buying online to tell how well a cable will stand up in a stage / OB situation. Won't be seeing the most brutal conditions, but definitely needs to be able to take a kicking.

I've made a lot of my own with belden's stuff before, and some canford install stuff when installing sdi patches all around a building, but I'm just after a few hundred metres in varying lengths of premade stuff really...

Last edited:
I don't "do" hands on tech anymore, but any reason you are adverse to rolling your own? I have always found our techs depts homebrew psf1/3 stuff seems to last for years longer than anything I have bought off the shelf for a job. It also seems to work better, reject interference better and so on.

Ebilpirate said:
I don't "do" hands on tech anymore, but any reason you are adverse to rolling your own? I have always found our techs depts homebrew psf1/3 stuff seems to last for years longer than anything I have bought off the shelf for a job. It also seems to work better, reject interference better and so on.

Just a lack of time really... Might just diy it if no good recommendations, psf's great cable.

PSF1/3 Is that catalogue system still going?

VDC are your best bet the stuff they do is pretty robust, the other option is RS components their cables are pretty good. im guessing its for video so remember to go for 75 ohm.

Back