Daily BobBCN 365 (2013) Finished!

Wow, my scalextric never looked like that :LOL: Beautiful old cars there - are they all originals?

Yeah but they're not that old - just from 'classics' range. I do have oldies going back to the 60's but definitely not for playing with!

Amazing set and do love the snowy set up, looks ace(y)

Thanks for al the comments on Machinery (y)(y)

Now we're onto Week 9 - Sport and of course, it's volleyball.

I suppose everyone's aware of the difficulties of shooting indoor sport - there's a lack of light, the subject is moving and you're often quite far from the action! It really is a nightmare. Can't see a way round it - except for upgrading to one of those faster telephoto lenses, you know the white ones!

Anyway, I try to stick to the more static type shots, try a bit of pre-focussing etc. But you really have to shoot loads (if you'll pardon the expression) in order to get anything decent.

So, here's a batch that are nearly that ........

This player receives when the other team serve .....

Volleyball (1) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

while the rest wait, poised for action .......

Volleyball (2) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

If the receiver does her job, the setter will be able to flick the ball into the air ...... (That's my girl!!)

Volleyball (3) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

so that a smash is possible ........

Volleyball (5) by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Considering the technicalities you mentioned you've done a great job.. Super shots :-D

Nice shots - you did a good job in the bad light.

Thanks! There are some places with better light but this was a game at home and it really is a cave.

Considering the technicalities you mentioned you've done a great job.. Super shots :-D

Thanks! Maybe next time around at a different venue ..... just wish my daughter would go in for beach volley!! It's just not her thing so I'll have to put up with dark indoor stuff!!

Talk about falling behind .....

The week before last's theme was Streetlife - far too busy to get that sorted out - and last week's was Long Players - and still nothing has happened ..... end of term an' all that ..

But anyway, I'll cheat ... so here are some mobile/instagram type shots to tide me over!

Self-portrait to start with ......

And another ......

65. and another .. by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And as I have just become a big fan of that Instagram thing ....

66. fan by BobBCN, on Flickr​

If anyone wants to follow me I'll follow back!! Look for Robert Newsome on Instagram (y)

Last edited:
I think I'm on Week 11 - Long Players

So to kick off with ...... here's a 4 second exposure using ND filters etc to create a sense of reading. This idea came to me ..well .. who remembers 'The Champions'? (NO, not the football!) It was a TV series from the 70s - about three secret agents with 'special powers' - anyway, they could read books by just flicking the pages, among other things.

71. Reading by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And an obvious choice to follow ......

5", f10, ISO 800 The exposure shows 6 second hands!! But if you look closely it's more like half, four, half - if you get my drift.

72. Ticking by BobBCN, on Flickr​

This one 2.5 ..... the exposure shows the 2.5 seconds quite well!!!

73. Two and a half by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Last edited:
Not really a 'Long Player' shot but just out of interest .....

Happened to be in BCN and I remembered a nice example of urban neglect that I'd photographed some months back. Well, and despite the recesssion, looks like somebody's bought it! Preferred it as it was!

thenandnow by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Some really interesting work Bob, I find it nice that you went back to the same location it's a good before and after and nice to see work done, but I'm kind of in the same camp, it was cooler photographically in it's previous form, easily fixed thought just find the nearest loose brick :naughty:

now really liking the series within the subway (y) nice ideas and on the whole well executed (y) also some good efforts with the long exposure series :clap:

Cheers Matt (y) I was particularly happy about the clock shots - the ones that don't need the exif info to know the exposure times!

Anyway, onto the last 'Long Player'. I called this one Frantic as in trying to keep up with other 365ers threads (which I will be doing in the next couple of days BTW) It's a 3.2 second exposure so the computer screen is well-burnt but there's enough movement in the hands to get the idea across.

77. Frantic by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Pint glass of a famous brew ....

81. Guinness by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Followed by ..... some model train shots

82. Wheel by BobBCN, on Flickr

83. Buffer by BobBCN, on Flickr​

And finally the icon of the TP Forums app on my SammmySung

84. TP by BobBCN, on Flickr​

So that's 12 weeks gone by already and I have finished my 12 themes - not exactly as I planned but what the hell ... next off will be a return to Theme 1 - Concrete Jungle.

Having said that, I may actually do Themes 2 and 3 first this time (Plastic People and Bokeh Bonanza). I'll be in London shortly (school trip, 28 kids) and I fancy doing the Concrete Jungle shots there.

Well, I know what I mean .....

Last edited:
The bokeh tubes look like they're going to be a lot of fun.

I'd go for doing the 365 how you want to - it's yours, so you make the rules up as you go along :)

I'm back! 28 kids in London! But onto more interesting things ... I really need to catch up. So I'll start with my own stuff now and through the week go through as many other people's threads as I can .....

I'm now starting my 2nd round so it's Week 13 - Concrete Jungle

From the Thames .....

85 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

From my hotel room in Osborne St.

86 by BobBCN, on Flickr​

Excellent catch up :clap:

We were over there from Good Friday for a week - it was so cold :LOL:

Particularly like the bokeh'd Eye and the light on St Pauls from the eye is fantastic, well spotted. You obviously had better weather than us, it was very grey and dreary :(

Back