weekly BobBCN I will be back soon for next year's 52 ......

WEEK 16 - INITIAL

Been out of sorts recently, not healthwise, I might add, just this whole damn "lockdown-no work-no money" syndrome …… but there's no point griping ……...

Thanks once again for the comments. "Asignatura pendiente para mi" …. in other words, I need to get back to commenting, more or less….

So I reckon I left off at Initial, so maybe a B ……. hmmm. Well, I have been called a daft @€#$ on many occasions, so here's a shot of my CIRCUIT. Ha Ha Ha!!

WEEK.16 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

And the whole thing cramped into a small room amidst vacuum cleaners and the like …....

Week.16a by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Nice light trails, Bob, if not somewhat of a shoe horn :D

I was surprised to see it was a scalextric! Do the cars have lights on them then or did you rig it up specially? Very clever and great colours.

Good looking long exposure (or slow shutter speed). I wouldn't have thought it was a scalextric.

Great idea and well shot! I really like this - good strong colours and perfect light trails.
Scaletrix? I must say from the first shot I thought it was full sized and some kind of track, but it makes sense when you see the other shot.
That must be nice to have at the moment.
Nice light trails, Bob, if not somewhat of a shoe horn :D
That's really nicely done Bob.
Very clever and creative image Bob I really like it.
I like that a lot Bob.
Brilliant shot. The reveal took me really by surprise.
I was surprised to see it was a scalextric! Do the cars have lights on them then or did you rig it up specially? Very clever and great colours.
Good looking long exposure (or slow shutter speed). I wouldn't have thought it was a scalextric.

Thanks once again for the comments. It was a long exposure in a dark room and this particular model has lights. Jus a few laps to create the trails and light up the track.
Cheers!!

FINALLY HAD TIME TO CATCH UP....

WEEKS 17 to 21

17 More than 1. So two, a bit cryptic this one.

WEEK.17 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

18 MUSIC An old Steely Dan LP - "Gaucho" to be exact.

WEEK.18 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

19 Colour (eventually I guess)

WEEK.19 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

20 Old (Vintage Starter on Rostrum to be exact, and probably dating back to the 60s)

WEEK.20 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

21 Liquid Refreshment. Miniatures I might add.

WEEK.21 by Bob Newsome Photography, on Flickr

Last edited:
Love your Scalextric shot Bob thats got to be a set from late 60's early 70's.

Hi Bob,
Glad to see you've caught up :)
  • More than one - Took me a few seconds to realise what I was looking at. Nicely thought out. Perhaps overly dark?
  • Music - Bang on theme, but perhaps there is a better angle in there?
  • Colour - Nice colours. I'm not sure it needs the DoF to be as shallow as it is. Given how oof the background is the separation would have worked with the subject in more focus - of course YMMV.
  • Old - Loving the detail. Works really nicely in B&W. The magnification of the subject is really strong.
  • Liquid - On theme, but sorry, does nothing for me. I would try other angles / compositions / positions to give it more interest / impact.
Hmm, I seem overly negative here. it's not meant to be, just my thoughts so absolutely feel free to ignore me :)

Great catch up Bob I particularly like More than 1 and Old.
Cheers Mark
Love your Scalextric shot Bob thats got to be a set from late 60's early 70's.
Thank you!!
Easy peasy ;)
Well thought out Bob.

Blimey that brings back memories!
Nicely caught up Bob.
Cheers!!
Nice catch up - I love your shot for more than 1 - very clever.
Cheers!!
Hi Bob,
Glad to see you've caught up :)
  • More than one - Took me a few seconds to realise what I was looking at. Nicely thought out. Perhaps overly dark?
  • Music - Bang on theme, but perhaps there is a better angle in there?
  • Colour - Nice colours. I'm not sure it needs the DoF to be as shallow as it is. Given how oof the background is the separation would have worked with the subject in more focus - of course YMMV.
  • Old - Loving the detail. Works really nicely in B&W. The magnification of the subject is really strong.
  • Liquid - On theme, but sorry, does nothing for me. I would try other angles / compositions / positions to give it more interest / impact.
Hmm, I seem overly negative here. it's not meant to be, just my thoughts so absolutely feel free to ignore me :)
All comments appreciated!!
Good catch up - my favourite is the double one.
Thanks Phil
Nice catch up particularly the darts, flowers and scalextric
Cheers Allan

More than 1
I like the idea, good framing. It looks a little dark, but that could just be because I'm looking on my phone.

Music
Good one. Good pov, light and I like the oof label in the background.

Colourful
Nice isolation from the background.

Old
Nice light, looks good in black and white.

Liquid
The bottle work for the theme.

Nice catch up.
17 very clever thinking.
18 Music caught the grooves nicely
19 Colourful, they are colourful now, nice composition, fills the frame.
20 Old, again fills the frame nicely, it is worrying that something I had as new is now vintage!
21 Liquid a nice collection of Havana Club, nice angle you have shot them at.

Thanks for the comments everyone!!
I seem to be falling way behind at the moment. I'll try and do a mega catch up in the next few days. Failing that I may have to bow out graciously......:(:(:(

Catch-up coming on well. Household - is it a colourful whisk? Hidden - great find at the back of a cupboard.

Household another shout for a whisk I like the simplicity of the image.

Hidden - nice collection of old post cards

Catch-up coming on well. Household - is it a colourful whisk? Hidden - great find at the back of a cupboard.
Going with a whisk here as well - lovely colours and composition. And a very nice collection of postcards.
Household another shout for a whisk I like the simplicity of the image.

Hidden - nice collection of old post cards
Hi Bob household nice colours and composition ...havnt got a clue what it is.
Hidden away, a nice find, how long did you spend looking through them?

Thanks for the comments!! It's actually a scalp massager thing.
@CliveH Not much time actually, but my intention is to sort them out and maybe flog half of them. it seems there are two sets of everything.

A neat little shoehorn Bob.
Its catching :D

#1 makes my eyes go funny sorry :D
#2 a pleasing beach image reminds most of us what we are missing ;)

Back