Bog Cotton to Marsco

Name
Carol
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

Not been on here for absolutely ages due to work commitments etc but somehow I have managed to find the time and thought I would pop on a landscape I took at the weekend.

A friend and I decided to go to Skye for a day’s photography although the weather was pretty awful and it rained most of the time we managed to put a couple of images in the cameras this being my favourite of the day.

Hope you enjoy and thanks for looking.

Cheers Carol
Bog Cotton to Marsco by Carol Ritchie, on Flickr

Very appealing touches of lights, here,
cool work!

Really great light here Carol, and good use of the bog cotton in the foreground. I was in NW Sutherland last month and I've never seen so much bog cotton as there is this year, but no composition like yours I'm afraid!

My favourite mountain on Skye, and the cotton grass is a lovely foreground touch. I was on the island on Saturday and to say the weather was changeable is an understatement. Normal Skye! :D

Thanks Steelo,

Yes Saturday was very changeable and to be honest we thought we had made a big mistake and almost turned around!

Just checked out your portfolio - very nice.

Last edited:
Really great light here Carol, and good use of the bog cotton in the foreground. I was in NW Sutherland last month and I've never seen so much bog cotton as there is this year, but no composition like yours I'm afraid!
Thanks Peter B,

Funny you should say that about the quantity of the bog cotton this year, I thought there was a lot of it about and it looked superb wherever we went on Skye.

Something special about this! I have been looking for a potential brochure cover shot for a company that works for water utility companies and this shouts 'natural source of water'. Really really like it, well done.

That's one very nice shot Carol, good comp', great light, and a lovely sky.(y)

George.

Very nice shot Carol

Thanks all for your fantastic comments.

Carol

Last edited:
lovely image! The light you've captured is really delightful - the puddles of light and dark work beautifully and make the composition work really well :)

Lovely colour and superb capture of what light there was. I love photography in bad weather and this is a fine example of how to do it well.

Back