Bognor Regis beach

Name
Laura
Edit My Images
Yes
this was the first beach pictures that i took, earlier in the year!

300.jpg

301.jpg

:wave:

Hi Laura. :wave:

You're having a go, so fair play to you!

But something is missing in your shots.
Far be it from me to give anyone advice, but I'm going to anyway :D

The people have ruined the shots. A bit of editing could get rid of them in Photoshop.........
And they are lacking in contrast. Again, easily solved.
And they are just lacking that 'punch'.
Taken from a different angle could have made them much better. Like getting down real low and shooting the poles from their level.

You are almost there in #2 I reckon. If you'd have shot it at almost ground level, it could have been much better.

And they are also not level, very easily solved in Photoshop.

I don't mean to knock your work, and I'm certainly not perfect :bonk:
Just giving you my opinion, and trying to help!

I'm actually impressed with some of your stuff on flickr, and I've added you as a contact.

(y)

cool, no its really good to hear peoples views on my photos, i really think its good to have feedback and get advice as ill be improving my skills as time goes on and from peoples views! i like the fact people are looking at them, i could read photography books till im blue in the face and i wouldn't have learnt anything but advise from other photographers is positive.

thank you! :)

There's a couple of things that stand out for me on these. I do think that they would be better without the people, the colours are nice and the composition is simple, a shame to clutter it with the people.

It needs a little more contrast and punch and the horizons are sloping off to the right on both.

Hope that helps - Good images that would be improved no end with a couple of tweaks (y)

I'm no expert but I have to agree that the people do nothing for the picture, a few tweaks and you could have a winning picture! Whereabouts in West Sussex were these taken? I'm guessing West Sussex from your location...

Hi Laura... :wave: ...I'm a Bognorian born and bred... :D

Although I moved away many years ago I still have most of my family living in the town... :cautious:

Don't give up just yet... :shrug: ... you clearly understand the principles of a photograph in terms of basic composition and exposure... (y)

What will improve a shot like this is lighting... ;) ... you need to be there at sunrise to catch the groins at their best although you could try sunset at this time of year too... :thinking:

It is also worth trying the shot from the other direction too looking back at the promenade... :cautious: ... don't try this at high tide though... :naughty:

As for people... sometimes they work and sometimes they don't it's all about fitting with the concept you had in mind... if they are not really part of what you are trying to achieve leave them out... I'm sure on Boggy beach that's all about timing rather than having to 'shop them out afterwards... :LOL:

Two good attempts I say and from the tips you've had so far you should be able to improve them significantly... ;)

08.gif

I'm no expert but I have to agree that the people do nothing for the picture, a few tweaks and you could have a winning picture! Whereabouts in West Sussex were these taken? I'm guessing West Sussex from your location...

The title says Bognor Beach Rob... :shrug:

08.gif

Back