weekly Boots' 52 for 2021

Nicely done. It looks like some kind of precious stone or mineral.

Choice
It's an interesting shot, different colours and patterns. It reminds me of the underside of a horse hoof.

Week 26 - Looking Down

It seemed a good idea at the time!...

Looking Down.JPG

In case it isn't clear (which it isn't), the yellow blur is a tennis ball dropping.

Last edited:
Week 27 - Indigenous

It's Coming Home!

It's Coming Home!.JPG

Not framed as well as I would like - I was constrained in pretty much every direction. A rubbish excuse, but there you go.

Indigenous
If only the wind was blowing the other way. It would be a cleaner background. But we can't control nature.

Unfortunately it didn't come home! Great idea and well done under limited circumstances.

Week 28 - Plant(s) & Technique - HDR

Right, HDR is really not my sort of thing (or certainly not *obvious* HDR), so I decided to just go for it, big time. Dialled in 11, and pressed the button. It's not pretty, but you asked for it.

I just pray that I won't need to do that again!

Plant.JPG

It's not the most horrific HDR I've ever seen (in fact, it's not bad at all).
Perhaps you need to do all of the weeks of this tech in HDR :coat:
Hehehe
Err, thanks Tim, but no thanks!

go on, go on, go on... You know you want to ;)
No, Mrs Doyle - I do not want to!
NINTCHDBPICT000019087642.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: LC2
I'm not a fan and won't be taking the tech this time round (also missed it last month so giving up on it)

I think because I'm not a fan, I'm not enamoured with yours. I must not whine about it though....

Really like looking down. Things that seem like a good idea at the time often are (honest) and I really like it when I see a photo I can spend time looking at and thinking about. Works really well for me that one.

I'm not a fan and won't be taking the tech this time round (also missed it last month so giving up on it)

I think because I'm not a fan, I'm not enamoured with yours. I must not whine about it though....

Really like looking down. Things that seem like a good idea at the time often are (honest) and I really like it when I see a photo I can spend time looking at and thinking about. Works really well for me that one.
Thanks Ian!

I did spend a bit of time thinking about this Tech challenge - not on my own behalf, as I have demonstrated above, but for your position as a film shooter. I came to the conclusion it would be technically possible, but (especially given the wider latitude of negative film) of little effect.

Thanks for the positive words about Looking Down, I am most happy about that one out of all the recent images.

Also not a fan and won’t be doing the technique mind you I’ve not intentionally done any of them, I agree it’s not pretty to garish for me but at least it’s out of the way if you are going to do the technique

Also not a fan and won’t be doing the technique mind you I’ve not intentionally done any of them, I agree it’s not pretty to garish for me but at least it’s out of the way if you are going to do the technique
Thanks Allan!

Green
It "does exactly what it says on the tin"

Snapper's Choice
It's an interesting abstract, and one we would never be privy too if your drain survived the hydrochloric acid, every cloud....

Looking Down
My musical knowledge is almost non existent so can't comment on the artist, might need to listen to some of his extensive catalogue. Was it the intention (or luck) to align the ball with the sloping line?

Indigenous
I'm sure much of England was festooned with flags leading up to the final, where they took significant effort to install do you think some will remain as a reminder?

Plant(s)
I would be tempted to rotate and crop the image clockwise to create a portrait format image of the flowers.

Green
It "does exactly what it says on the tin"

Snapper's Choice
It's an interesting abstract, and one we would never be privy too if your drain survived the hydrochloric acid, every cloud....

Looking Down
My musical knowledge is almost non existent so can't comment on the artist, might need to listen to some of his extensive catalogue. Was it the intention (or luck) to align the ball with the sloping line?

Indigenous
I'm sure much of England was festooned with flags leading up to the final, where they took significant effort to install do you think some will remain as a reminder?

Plant(s)
I would be tempted to rotate and crop the image clockwise to create a portrait format image of the flowers.
Thanks Stuart!

With regard to your questions:
Looking Down - Not specifically aligned with the diagonal line, but a harmonious arrangement. Dropping the ball from some height and manually releasing the shutter, it was a bit hit and miss.
Plants - I wanted to retain a bit of the sky to try to demonstrate the HDR

I'm not a fan of HDR either.. like you I let the camera take control just to get the tech out of the way ;)

Let myself get behind again! So time for a bit of a catch-up.

First up, Dominating (cue cliché shot)

Dominating.JPG

Snappers - Lovely reflections in that shot and the lighting is very nicely controlled. I'm not really a nature shot person, but I can appreciate that it's done well.
Dominating - I'm struggling with this one. It does what it says on the tin, but there is nothing that pulls the eye in.

Snappers - Lovely reflections in that shot and the lighting is very nicely controlled. I'm not really a nature shot person, but I can appreciate that it's done well.
Dominating - I'm struggling with this one. It does what it says on the tin, but there is nothing that pulls the eye in.

Thanks Tim! Can't win them all!

And the next pair of catch-up images.

Week 31 - Hands

Altogether now!... "You need hands"

Hands.JPG

You're bananas...

Really like fur. I think I'd be sorely tempted to crop (or clone) out the white tuft at the top but that's minor...

Back