Non UK Botswana in spring - or not?

Name
Gordon
Edit My Images
Yes
I was booked to go on a safari to the Chobe river in Botswana before Covid hit. That was cancelled but my flight tickets are still open.
The parent firm who own the business and manage the Safaris are offering some very attractive prices for stays between Jan - March next year. This is low season and their summer so very hot, humid and rainy season. My last planned trip would have been in June with much different conditions.
Taking Covid and travel out of the mix is there any reason (photographically) that should make me avoid Botswana at this time of year.
George, if you are reading this what are your thoughts, you seem to be well traveled in Africa.
The prices are very affordable but it's no use if the animals hide all day!
Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Might be worth looking at Flickr groups to see when the pictures you would like to have taken were taken. Not sure how deep/selective you can make a search on there but looking at groups might help.

I've done wet and dry season safaris and wet is far, far more challenging. Mainly because wildlife is harder to find and then get clean shots of, but also because a lot of the area of the parks will be impossible to reach. It's much quieter, so does feel incredibly special, but if photographing stuff is the goal, you'll see more in the dry.

I'm forcing myself to either wait until next dry season to go to Zambia / northern Botswana, or possibly a trip to southern Bots / SA or Namibia if I can't wait that long!

Back