Daily BRASH's Challenge

Thank you all(y).

The funny thing is I wasn't overly happy with the Waxwing shots. I was shooting into a dark area back lit by a rather bright sun but they obviously look better than I thought they were, going by your comments, which are greatly appreciated;)

45)

Crested Tit

Aviemore area - 17/03/2013

Cresties600-2_filtered_zpsdc2c85d1.jpg

Cresties800-1_filtered_zpsba2ac960.jpg

46)

Great Spotted Woodpecker

Aviemore, area - 17/02/2013

Taken from about 70 yards away so a massive crop. Used Macky799's 600 for this one and am surprised at the detail retained at such a distance. What a lens(y). Will strive to a closer one as well tho.

GSW-1_filtered_zps73312ac7.jpg

Fetteresso Forest, Aberdeenshire - 16/06/2013

Woody-1_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Last edited:
Gorgeous shots as per usual Brash :D :clap: Love the Woodpecker though

Nice ones mate, hope you havent been searching ebay for a new lens.......

Nice ones mate, hope you havent been searching ebay for a new lens.......

Yes I have:D:D Not much on the go tho. Will have to sell the Siggy 800 first tho.

However, today 2" drain pipe has been purchased and fabricated as discussed. Will hopefully find a spot tomorrow to install them.(y)

Cheers again Carol and Matt;)

47)

Fulmar

RSPB Fowlsheugh, Catterline, Aberdeenshire - 24/02/2013

Fulmaretc-3_filtered_zpsacd1bc45.jpg

Fulmaretc-1_filtered_zps01744234.jpg

Fulmaretc-2_filtered_zps6245cc89.jpg

48)

Grey Partridge

Barras, near Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 24/02/2013

Fulmaretc-4_filtered_zpsa373e8ec.jpg

Last edited:
49)

Pink-footed Goose

Barras, near Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 24/02.2013

This is about as close as I've managed to get to these this year:bang::D

Fulmaretc-5_filtered_zpsf4b7d18b.jpg

A better pic now from the Fyvie, area of Aberdeenshire - 06/05/2013

Geese-6_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Geese-3_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Last edited:
50)

Red-throated Diver.

Inverbervie Beach Aberdeenshire - 28/02/2013

Taken from the shore and it was a bloody speck in the distance so it's a huge crop and lacks any real quality. It's not often I've seen them here and I'm delighted to have managed to get pics of one (crap as they may be, wait til you see the Red-breasted Merganser, thay're worse:D) for my challenge. Lovely bird to bring up the half way mark all the same tho.

RTD-1_filtered_zps3a8c43dd.jpg

RTD-3_filtered_zps2470eb3f.jpg

RTD-2_filtered_zps2e768364.jpg

Last edited:
51)

Tree Sparrow

Loch of Strathbeg, Crimond, Aberdeenshire - 03/03/2013

PigandTS-4_filtered_zps615bd63b.jpg

PigandTS-2_filtered_zpsf32b8ad3.jpg

PigandTS-3_filtered_zpsdf0300fd.jpg

52)

Feral Pigeon

Fraserburgh Harbour, Aberdeenshire - 03/03/2013

PigandTS-1_zpsfffd8f04.jpg

53)

Shell Duck

Ythan Estuary, Newburgh, Aberdeenshire - 03/03/2013

Pretty far off and in fading light so pretty crap but hey ho, it's another species:D

RBMSD-2_filtered_zps434b2dfc.jpg

RBMSD-1_filtered_zps1c03e352.jpg

54)

Red-breasted Merganser

Ythan Estuary, Newburgh, Aberdeenshire - 03/03/2013

Same conditions as the Shellducks above. I'll take em tho;)

RBMSD-3_filtered_zps556dfef4.jpg

I'm impressed how far you have got already! I'm not even sure I've seen this many species in my lifetime!

I'm impressed how far you have got already! I'm not even sure I've seen this many species in my lifetime!

Thanks Tim!!

I love how you make even the most domestic of birds look really rather good :D

You should see the wife tho Matt, she's one of my greatest failures:D

:LOL: pigeon
Don't forget to do some door knocking down your street, I'm sure someone must have a budgie :D

:LOL: pigeon
Don't forget to do some door knocking down your street, I'm sure someone must have a budgie :D

It's a valid wild bird. Some of the most numerous in the country:razz:

Carry on ;)
Get a move on with the Dipper Brian, the suspense is killing me (y)

I've got them sussed but the two local rivers I see them on are pretty shaded so need the sun to be out and in the right position at the right time of day. They will come tho;)

I've got them sussed but the two local rivers I see them on are pretty shaded so need the sun to be out and in the right position at the right time of day. They will come tho;)

There was a dipper at the river mouth at Cruden bay the other week, head for the harbour, there is a bridge to the beach walk over the bridge and it was just up stream of the bridge but it didnt seem to worry about people walking about mate.(y)

I was up there last Sunday, as it happens. Didn't cross the river tho. I'll take a run back up soon. Need to go to Forvie to get Terns any how when they arrive so it's not far away.

Been a few shots since I was last here! Have to say, the Crested Tit shots are by far the pick of the bunch. Those are super shots mate.

55)

Lesser Black-backed Gull

Duthie Park, Aberdeen - 20/03/2013

LBBG-2_filtered_zps2c2786af.jpg

LBBG-1_filtered_zpse54d11fe.jpg

56)

Song Thrush

Loch of Kinnordy, Kirriemuir, Angus - 25/03/2013

SongThrush-1_filtered_filtered_zpse49d6817.jpg

Fowlsheugh Nature Reserve, Crawton, Aberdeenshire - 10/05/2013

Songer-1_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice to see things progressing well for you (y) thought not so sure about the song thrush it looks to have a lot more sharpening that I'd normally associated with the exceptionally high standards :shrug:

Nice to see things progressing well for you (y) thought not so sure about the song thrush it looks to have a lot more sharpening that I'd normally associated with the exceptionally high standards :shrug:

Cheers Matt. The sharpening is the general amount I use. It's maybe slightly more noisy as it was taken in a dark area and it was snowing so had to do a wee bit of work to produce a little detail. Run through NW too but sometimes that don't help too much either tho:shrug:

Back