35)

Cormorant

Aberdeen Harbour - 15/01/2013

Cormoranys-10_zpse21231ac.jpg

Cormoranys-08_zps573d57bb.jpg

Beautiful shot Brash with great detail :D

Last edited:
Great shots of the Eider Duck Brash :D never ever seen one of these before :(

I love the elder duck (y) but both have been captured really well, it's just I've never liked cormorants :LOL:

They speak very highly of you Matt:D

Loving that Elder Duck shot! Some other crackers in there too, keep it up :)

Thank you(y)

Oh wow some super shots here.. excellent work..(y)

Cheers(y)

Love that Eider Duck! Gorgeous bird :)

They are nice when in their breeding colours(y)

Great shots of the Eider Duck Brash :D never ever seen one of these before :(

:love:

37)

Great Black-backed Gull.

Cowie Seafront, Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 23/01/2013

GBG-1_filtered_zps6723e407.jpg

GBG-2_filtered_zps4dfbb957.jpg

Great shots but I do actually like Gulls anyway - some have great little personalities :) (must be one of very few people in the 'I like Gulls' fan club :LOL:)

38)

Fieldfare

Crawton, Aberdeenshire - 24/01/2013

Not the best of Fieldfare pics but I spent ages chasing these about in crap light:bang: so better than nothing I suppose:shrug:

The Dunnock in this first one is a bonus (I'll no count it as one of the species in it's own right tho:D)

FFs-1_filtered_zpsa6862545.jpg

FFs-4_filtered_zpsab858c45.jpg

FFs-5_filtered_zps4024008e.jpg

FFs-2_filtered_zpse999c66d.jpg

Fantastic bird images here .. all beautifully sharp. Well done :)

Cheers Tezz(y)

Great shots but I do actually like Gulls anyway - some have great little personalities :) (must be one of very few people in the 'I like Gulls' fan club :LOL:)

Ta! again Carol;) I suppose in a way that Gulls are the Skinheads of the bird world:D

Ta! again Carol;) I suppose in a way that Gulls are the Skinheads of the bird world:D

probably are :LOL:

Love all the shots but the last one is great :) Love all that detail

:thinking:
So you been out nicking peoples chips and crapping all over the place again Brian :D

That and a whole lot more. Can't go into detail on here tho, I'd get locked up (again):LOL::LOL::LOL::D:D:D;)

39)

Whooper Swan

Loch of Kinnordy, Kirriemuir, Angus - 30/01/2013

Whoopers-2_filtered_zps0d483783.jpg

Whoopers-3_filtered_zpseb6284ab.jpg

40)

Blue Tit

BTs-1_filtered_zpscb0b7f06.jpg

BTs-5_filtered_zpsa49be683.jpg

BTs-3_filtered_zps1e4398fe.jpg

41)

Brambling

I vowed I'd not post any garden/bird feeder shots BUT this is the first Brambling I've ever seen and in my excitement I just snapped what I could. Waited for ages ankle deep in snow for it to return so I could get a more natural shot but he didn't re-appear. It was shot on an RSPB, nature reserve so I'm allowing myself this one:D;)

Brambling-1-1_filtered_zpsb3e36768.jpg

Last edited:
43)

Smew

A first for me of a pretty rare bird and certainly totally unknown where I live so I was over the moon even just seeing this beautiful wee fella let alone being able to photograph him. The pics were taken from a hide about 250-300 yards away from the bird with an 800mm lens so they are crops, ain't the best quality and are effectively record shots but I'm chuffed to bits to have been able to get them. That along with the Brambling, makes 2 new species for me in one day. Love it(y)

SMEWII-2_zpsba2b8007.jpg

SMEWII-6_zps2753199e.jpg

SMEWII-4_zps3f5df1b5.jpg

SMEWII-5_zps45e6f0a3.jpg

SMEWII-3_zpsb439719f.jpg

SMEWII-1_zps044f6dde.jpg

wonderful set of shots but my God those swans are ugly little blighters :LOL:

Brash loving the goose shots in number 42

Cheers Vinny(y)

wonderful set of shots but my God those swans are ugly little blighters :LOL:

My dear Carol, beauty is in the eye of the beholder:love:. Any how, they're way more interesting than plain old Mute swans. They're boring:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

My dear Carol, beauty is in the eye of the beholder:love:. Any how, they're way more interesting than plain old Mute swans. They're boring:thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

lol I suppose it is :D Maybe they were just having a bad day that day ;)
will have to see if I can find anywhere that they go to and pay it a visit .... they might seem a bit nicer if I see them myself :D

Some wonderful, well there all of a very high standard, photo here again, I think the two highlights for me since my last visit must be the Brambling and the Smew, what seriously cool looking birds (y)

Matt

44)

Waxwing

Stonehaven, Aberdeenshire - 09/02/2013

Been hunting these for ages, seeing as they've been all over the country for months but I hadn't seen any:bang:. Then today, not a hundred yards fom my house. Typical:shrug:

WW1-1_filtered_zpsab8930f5.jpg

WW1-5_filtered_zps9bef3de3.jpg

WW1-4_filtered_zpsffc7e3a0.jpg

WW1-3_filtered_zps677a5134.jpg

WW1-2_filtered_zpsd082af2b.jpg

Bloody eck, you're doing really well with the bird shots! Loving those last ones, some great captures in there

brilliant shots of the Waxwings :clap:

Back