Daily BRASH's Challenge

Love the Goldfinch, especially the 2nd one (y)

Are you sure that Guillemot's not made of plastic :cautious: :LOL:

:LOL::LOL:Deffo not plastic. Ta!!;)

Never saw your thread brash. Apologies it's taken me so long to comment. I know how needed the encouragement is doing this challenge. Your bird photography is wonderful, something I've yet to try, but would love a go!

Thank you both very much indeed. It is great to get such encouragement.(y)

75)

Willow Warbler

Arbuthnott Cemetery, The Mearns, Aberdeenshire - 17/05/2013

Only managed to get one shot fired off before it disappeared. Bit of a crop from a shaded area so somewhat noisier than I'd like but hey ho, it's another species.:bang:

WW-1_filtered_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Last edited:
Cheers Mike and Jake(y)

Hi BRASH

Just found you ! What a fabulous thread as others have commented. The gannet is definitely a favourite of mine as well. These fellows are VERY photogenic but you have captured a lovely pose with a nice clean background. Congrats.

Will keep an eye out for the rest of the images on this thread.

Best wishes

Gary

77)

Wren

The Lurgies, Montrose Basin, Angus - 04/06/2013

Slightly different composition for this one but I liked it so didn't change it too much.

Wren-1_filtered by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Those Osprey shots are fabulous. Just 22 to go, good luck.

Some good shots in this thread Brian, well done............:clap:

Thanks for not infesting the rest of the board with some of your other crap as well..............:D

I love the Yellow Bunting shot. What's your set up for these photos?

Thanks for the comments.

The pics up to the Gannet were mostly taken with the 7D and 400 5.6L and one or two with the 5D MKII and Sigma 800.

From the Gannet on it was the 7D and 500mm f/4L IS MKI.

I only ever use RAW and the full manual setting on the camera.

With the 400 the ISO was usually at 640 and sometimes 320 @ 5.6 to get a shutter speed of 1/800 or above and with the 500 ISO 100/200 or if the light is really crap 320/400 mostly at f4 or 4.5 to allow the same shutter speeds but i can afford to go lower because of the IS.

Hope this helps.

Ta! Brash!!!

Last edited:
85)

Ringed Plover

Bay of Nigg, Aberdeen - 18/08/2013

RP-4 by Brashman 201, on Flickr

Cheers Vinny(y)

Back