Brave Browser

Edit My Images
Yes
After I heard about Brave Browser on Security Now, a podcast I regularly listen to, I thought I'd try it out and I'm VERY impressed with it.

My usual browser is Firefox but that takes a few seconds to start up usually, whereas on Linux Mint, Brave starts up virtually immediately and website pages open very rapidly.

And faster in my VMs as well.

It has ad and tracker blockers built in but the're super simple to turn off, for this site for instance.

It also has a very nice start up, telling you stats on ads blocked etc, and also put up your usual websites in little boxes like Opera.

If you haven't heard of it before you can download it here:

https://brave.com/

Thanks for the info, so far so good!

I've been using Brave on my laptop for the last few weeks. So far, I'm happy.

I was going to install it on my Ipad, but the reviews on the App store seem lukewarm about Brave on IOS after a recent update. I'll hang fire installing it on my tablet until any problems are resolved.

There are some dubious precendents being set by the Brave browser, remember how when Facebook was new it was all sweetness and light and then it turned into a grubby money making scheme by flogging your data...

... Brave seems to be setting itself up for slice of that cake in a year or two

There are some dubious precendents being set by the Brave browser, remember how when Facebook was new it was all sweetness and light and then it turned into a grubby money making scheme by flogging your data...

... Brave seems to be setting itself up for slice of that cake in a year or two

Hmmm! well they do say "there is no such thing as a free lunch....."

My usual browser is Firefox but that takes a few seconds to start up usually
That's odd, FF always starts in a blink for me ( but that's on an SSD)

It also has a very nice start up, telling you stats on ads blocked etc, and also put up your usual websites in little boxes like Opera
A couple of my favourite things (y)
Brave was suggested in a thread I had running recently, about the possible demise of Opera.
I still need to check it out though (y)

That's odd, FF always starts in a blink for me ( but that's on an SSD)
Depends a bit on what plugins you have installed and internet speeds etc. it usually checks for updates on start-up.

I was very pleased with my Brave browser until I had a wee computer problem.

Reinstalled Brave and now it doesn't open with my passwords, so I have to sign into every site.

Not a happy chappy !

I was very pleased with my Brave browser until I had a wee computer problem.

Reinstalled Brave and now it doesn't open with my passwords, so I have to sign into every site.

Not a happy chappy !
That's going to happen with pretty much any browser after a reinstall, unless it can restore your cookies from the previous install.

That's going to happen with pretty much any browser after a reinstall, unless it can restore your cookies from the previous install.

Yes, however, if I sign in to them all, then tell Settings to use Current Pages when I open the browse next time, it doesn't bleedin work!

Explain to me how I got it to work that way, when I first used it?

Last edited:
Back