Midlands Bridges in Northampton

LightChaser

Name
Ryan Strachan
Edit My Images
No
Does anyone live in or near Northampton and know any good spots underneath bridges etc on land or over water as I am studying AS Photography and I need to find some decent spots to take images. The theme I am studying is Relationships and I am looking at relationships between nature and man and how man-made structures often compliment the apperance of landscapes/nature. If anyone can tell me anywhere in or near Northampton where I can get to to take these pictures it would be greatly appreciated. Also I should mention I drive a 50cc motorbike so it would be better for somewhere in Northampton or very close. These are the sort of images I am trying to aim for, any ideas are appreciated. http://www.hc-schink.de/verkehrsprojekte.html :)

Northampton has numerous bridges over the River Nene and the Grand Union Canal, if you head to Southbridge there are some good shots to be had of the canal and you can get under the flyover where the A45 crosses the A428. Basically you can walk all along the river/canal from the A5123 in the west to the A45/A428 in the east with loads of different bridges from little Victorian era canal bridges to 20th century flyovers and pretty much all styles in between.

Agree with Melvyn. Have a look at the OS option on Bing maps - you will need to zoom in a fair bit to be able to choose the OS option, but when you get it is excellent.

Also have a look at Geograph. It is a site that is attempting to get photos of every grid square in the UK and will have loads around Northampton.

Dave

As above, the Bedford road flyover is a good place to go. If you go to Brackmills Ind Est down to the bottom of Rhosili road, you'll see a company called Quinton Major. Down the left side of the factory is a public footpath that leads to the river, and from memory under the flyover.

:ty:Thank you everyone, will definitely help me and will try all of them!:)

I'm a bit late getting to this thread but I'm a bit of a bridge and water fan myself, go to Geddington near kettering, you will even get a Ford thrown in for good measure.

Geddington Ford
by
Brian Lewicki,
on
Flickr​

I'm a bit late getting to this thread but I'm a bit of a bridge and water fan myself, go to Geddington near kettering, you will even get a Ford thrown in for good measure.

Geddington Ford
by
Brian Lewicki,
on
Flickr​
Is there anyway to get there on a 50cc? (i.e. no Dual carriageways or motorways?) Thanks

Is there anyway to get there on a 50cc? (i.e. no Dual carriageways or motorways?) Thanks
When I get back off holiday I don't mind picking you up for a trip out and you can have a look at where you may or may not be safe for you to go on your own.

I'm in Northampton, if there is not any alternative routes for me to take on a 50cc then I can get a lift. Do you know any alternative routes?

If you just avoid the dual carriage ways you should be fine, a long time ago I used to regularly go to Kettering on my Yamaha FS1E and Teddington is not much further, this time of year it should be a doddle.
You could always get the bus and change at Kettering.

How much would it cost to go via bus?
I've no idea Ryan, I don't live in Northampton any more, either do some googling or drop into the bus station I'm sure they'll be able to help you out.

Back