Brighton area for Landscapes

stan the man

Nutkicker
Name
mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Folks...I am off to brighton tomorrow morning for a couple of days,and want to photograph some land/seascapes whilst there.I realise this os
a bit last minute,but I [we] only decided a few hours ago.I aim to photograph the old pier and anything else that takes my eye,but would appreciate
suggestions as to what else there is in the vicinity.i am happy to travel 50-60 miles either way if that helps...T.I.A.

It's been a while. Heading East to Rottingdean would give you quiet beaches with rockpools etc, and Brighton marina might also be photogenic. Going further, Beachy head is within the distance you describe, as is Seven Sisters country park and cliffs (my choice for landscape involving the sea in that area).

I keep trying to find time to get to the chattri memorial, just out of Brighton,
it looks like an interesting place with great views

Many thanks for the replies folks..unfortunately,I never saw them before we left.we ended up shooting around brighton(the west pier,the BA360
and some other stuff),then on Wednesday we travelled to the 7 susters at Seaford,then travelled to Dungeness in Kent,a place a shot on a TP meet some 9 years ago.
It was worth the journey there for the fish and cxhips in the pilot aslone!I think I have a few nice images from the 2 days spent in the area,considering it was clear blue skies with some serious haze
all along the coastline.

If you go back have a look for Edd Allen on Flickr. He shows what can be done in the area, very impressive photographer.

Back