Critique Britcar Winter race, Donington Park

Name
Martin
Edit My Images
No
Seeing off the 2015 race season with Britcar's winter race. Mixed weather conditions and fairly warm. Some of my favourite shots of the year taken on this day, not sure everyone will enjoy them as much as I do.

BritcarWinter-5549 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

BritcarWinter-5609 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

BritcarWinter-6078 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

BritcarWinter-6313 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

BritcarWinter-6440 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

BritcarWinter-6551 by Martin Eyles, on Flickr

2 is the standout shot from those, very clever!

Thank you Mike, it was more a mistake at the time. Couldn't get much else with all the spray I was getting from the aero on the cars.

There is very interesting lighting conditions in this group of shots, No 2 is a stunning shot but I am also quite taken with the first. I think its the way the colourful cars are bursting out of a monochrome background.

#1& #2 share some magical lights!

Really nice shots. 1 & 2 are the pick of the bunch for me. It was an interesting day lighting wise, seemed to change from near darkness to blazing sunshine in a matter of minutes at times.
Out of curiosity, which side of the fence were these from?

Really nice shots. 1 & 2 are the pick of the bunch for me. It was an interesting day lighting wise, seemed to change from near darkness to blazing sunshine in a matter of minutes at times.
Out of curiosity, which side of the fence were these from?

These all look like shots that are taken spectator side, apart from 3, which is a pitwall shot, but may have been open to spectators for this event.
I'm very keen on 2, makes for a spectacular image.

Did you plan #2? Normally you'd be looking to wipe lens but it has created a great shot.

Thanks for all the comments.

These were all taken from media side of the fence. I didn't use the infield due to it being difficult to get access.

I didn't plan number 2, as such. I always carry a microfiber cloth in my pocket, the shot is one of few where I didn't wipe the lens.

Claire has got in contact me about the shot, thank you.

Back