British Champs

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Some from today's British Fell Champs from Barley on & around Pendle Hill. Was experimenting with the D810 and Lee .6 grad filter and DXO Optics pp. Comments welcome re processing.

frc2.jpg

frc1.jpg

frc3.jpg

Great rendition of their effort… very cool!

Look like paintings.. I love them... I had this job right up until late friday then they took me off it (lancs telegraph) for somthign else.. ended up at the jimmy cricket 5k race for thursdays paper :)

Look like paintings.. I love them... I had this job right up until late friday then they took me off it (lancs telegraph) for somthign else.. ended up at the jimmy cricket 5k race for thursdays paper :)

Cheers Tony - not much sales wise for fell running pics but was on my doorstep and a sport I enjoy. Feel free to mention to sports ed I have a set including winners/cat winners/local teams. I am away for a couple of days from Tuesday so if he wants one it will have to be tomorrow. Cheers.

Cheers Tony - not much sales wise for fell running pics but was on my doorstep and a sport I enjoy. Feel free to mention to sports ed I have a set including winners/cat winners/local teams. I am away for a couple of days from Tuesday so if he wants one it will have to be tomorrow. Cheers.

facebook and flikr full of pics.. hundreds.. probably reach thousand by midweek.. impossible to make money I would ahve thought even if yours are the best..

telegraph have a small slot on thursday and there going to use the jimmy cricket pics from this morning...

Really nice images. It amazes me that runners will go for crap pics when such amazing images are out there. I shot some of our local park run. Until I did a few the best offering on flickr was the contents of someones Samsung Galaxy mobile. When I watermarked the ones on flickr and pointed them to "unwatermarked" ones on my gallery, a request for one popped into my email inbox. "Go to the gallery" - I guess when he saw there was a modest charge, decided to stick with the 'freebie' on Flickr.
Shrug :p

Lovely backdrop and each image captures the runners efforts perfectly. Great photos and location

Wow these are like Marks n Spencers food photography (for sports) ;-)

Gaz

Look good, I would be interested in knowing the exact settings used.

I think the main ingredients were the POV, the hi-res (Nikon D810) and raw format file and grad filter for the sky which gave plenty of scope for sympathetic pp. I used DXO Optics initially which I find to be very very good. I then exported as a .dng to Bridge/PS. One thing I had to do with the sky was to clone out the blown areas you get with a strong sun & white areas of cloud which are massively distracting. The 1st one and another not posted here are being used in a magazine (not M&S :) They look much better at a larger size and I am still to get round to sending samples to the likes of Inov8 & Solomon to see if the processing is of any interest to them for promo shots.

Wow these are like Marks n Spencers food photography (for sports) ;-)

Gaz

Cheers Gaz - much love for the D810!

Here's another I liked from the set:

HOR-SM.jpg

Back