British Cycling. Clean or Not?

Wherever there is competition there will be someone who forgets that the fun comes from playing the game and winning is irrelevant. There: now someone will tell us how wrong I am... :naughty: :LOL::exit:

But in the scale of events, I think Dr Freeman has been thrown under the bus so to speak. Anyone who thinks he was solely responsible is either stupid or complicit in this whole mess.

The silence from DB is deafening.

Sadly cycling has a history of drug abuse going back to the 19th century

Other sports have a similarly tainted record, generally Eastern bloc countries, but also western countries, e.g. Ben Johnson at 1988 Olympics and various uses of performance enhancing drugs in US sports.

Sadly cycling has a history of drug abuse going back to the 19th century

Other sports have a similarly tainted record, generally Eastern bloc countries, but also western countries, e.g. Ben Johnson at 1988 Olympics and various uses of performance enhancing drugs in US sports.

Quite ironic that you have mentioned Ben Johnson, when five out of six athletes in that 100m were found guilty of doping, and the winner Carl Lewis, the "Golden boy" of US athletics, had failed three tests (covered up by the US) prior to those Olympics. Then we have Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin, both of whom should have been banned for life, so what does the US do? They have the entire Russian team banned from competition, despite the fact that those athletes would have been tested many times all around the World.
I have competed in sports, and I can tell you that the US/UK are as corrupt as any country out there.

Quite ironic that you have mentioned Ben Johnson, when five out of six athletes in that 100m were found guilty of doping, and the winner Carl Lewis, the "Golden boy" of US athletics, had failed three tests (covered up by the US) prior to those Olympics. Then we have Tyson Gay and Justin Gatlin, both of whom should have been banned for life, so what does the US do? They have the entire Russian team banned from competition, despite the fact that those athletes would have been tested many times all around the World.
I have competed in sports, and I can tell you that the US/UK are as corrupt as any country out there.

It used to make me puke seeing Gatlin compete. I’ve also seen the hatred directed to Contador in these forums, because he’s foreign.
As you say, we are far from whiter than white, and in my view some of the British success in the Tour de France et al absolutely stinks.

Sir Arthur Gold would be turning in his grave.

Back