Critique British GT 2019 Through My Lens

Name
Jonny
Edit My Images
No
Hey All,

2019 was my third year covering the British GT as a media monkey, here's a selection of my shots throughout the season. Talk Photography was pretty much where it all started for me, in 2019 I spent much of my time working for the guy that used to moderate this section (Gary Parravani) 10 years ago, who first told me which digital camera I should buy :D Hopefully things have come a long way since I didn't know what I was doing with a camera. As always I welcome comments and criticisms, thanks folks it's been a crazy ride :)

Here goes:

1. It kicked off at Donington for the media day - this shot ended up being used by Barwell for their autograph cards
#69 Barwell Motorsport Lamborghini Huracan GT3 EVO: Sam De Haan, Jonny Cocker British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

2. I was lucky to work with Team Parker - Sadly I didn't bring them much luck
#66 Team Parker Racing Mercedes-AMG GT4: Nick Jones, Scott Malvern British GT - Donington - Media Day by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

3. 1st round at Oulton Park
#9 Century Motorsport BMW M6 GT3: Jack Mitchell, Adrian Wilmott British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

4. The McLaren had teething problems
#22 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Shaun Balfe, Rob Bell by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

5. Then it was off to Snetterton
#47 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019: Graham Davidson, Jonny Adam by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

6. Getting a glimpse inside the racing brain
#2 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019: Mark Farmer, Nicki Thiim by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

7. Silverstone was up next
#96 Optimum Motorsport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019: Ollie Wilkinson, Bradley Ellis by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

8. Strictly come dancing would be months away
#11 Beechdean AMR Aston Martin GT4 2019: Kelvin Fletcher, Martin Plowman - Silverstone 500 - Round 5 - British GT by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

9. Donington was on the calendar 3 times with the media day (I'm not such a fan)
#4 Tolman Motorsport McLaren 570S GT4: James Dorlin, Josh Smith by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

10. She didn't look too thrilled about the place either
#99 Beechdean AMR Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019: Andrew Howard, Valentin Hasse-Clot by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

Then they went to Spa... I was too poor

11. Back to Brands Hatch
British GT 2019 - Brands Hatch by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

12. With more red zones than you could shake a stick at

13. Back to Donington (again) for the Finale where TF were happy (Eventually)
#47 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage GT3 2019: Jonny Adam by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

14. With an intimate celebration between the trucks
#47 TF Sport Aston Martin Vantage 2019 by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

15. While it started badly at Oulton, it annihilated everyone at the end
#22 Balfe Motorsport McLaren 720S GT3: Shaun Balfe, Rob Bell by Jonny Henchman, on Flickr

16. Jonny Cocker was champion again for a few hours but in the end it wasnt to be

Thanks for looking folks - if you're interested in seeing more head over to my ***Instagram*** where I post all my tosh :)

I remember Garry, back then it was much busier on here then it is these days.

Have some envoy of the access media passes grant at times, but then I think of the stress from must getting shots. How many rounds do you have to cover to get access these days?

Love some of the angles, nice to see to see the pits and people behind the sport too.

A great selection without the need to go for ultra slow pan shots. :) I do like the clever thought behind image No 6

Hey All,

2019 was my third year covering the British GT as a media monkey, here's a selection of my shots throughout the season. Talk Photography was pretty much where it all started for me, in 2019 I spent much of my time working for the guy that used to moderate this section (Gary Parravani) 10 years ago, who first told me which digital camera I should buy :D

whatever happened to that guy?? :)

Excellent sets
Thanks man, much appreciated :)
I remember Garry, back then it was much busier on here then it is these days.

Have some envoy of the access media passes grant at times, but then I think of the stress from must getting shots. How many rounds do you have to cover to get access these days?

Love some of the angles, nice to see to see the pits and people behind the sport too.

He still pops his head in now and again, it is quieter these days. You can apply for single event access so long as you have an outlet with an audience of sufficient numbers - season passes I'd assume are granted on the proviso that you do intend to attended the majority of events.
A great selection without the need to go for ultra slow pan shots. :) I do like the clever thought behind image No 6
Hahaha I didnt really do many crazy pans this year - Gary made me nervous so I didnt experiment as much as normal hahaha.
love No 7 and No 9 is interesting
Thanks very much :)
You asked for critique... but they are very nice shots - only the aston martin shot looks weird that the car is complete sharp whilst the background isn't. So if that is sooc, amazing :)
The pit lane shot with the car on jacks, very nicely done with the lightling. Liking them all. Congratulations!
There's always more to learn so there's always things to improve :) I appreciate you saying so. Nope as you suggest that ones all done in post production to the chagrin of some.
whatever happened to that guy?? :)
I heard he went big time and left the mundanities of forum moderation in his past to pursue the bright lights of sports car photography - but I hear he still stuggles in Facebook header competitions ;) x

Really nice work Jonny, it's been great to see you grow in the industry over these last few years and make the most of the media access too. To me your shots seem a little more refined than from behind the fence, unless that is Gary's influence shining through ?

Really nice work Jonny, it's been great to see you grow in the industry over these last few years and make the most of the media access too. To me your shots seem a little more refined than from behind the fence, unless that is Gary's influence shining through ?

Cheers Paul, that means a lot. Hahaha I think Gary has always been an inspiration along with numerous others - not to say they haven’t been been a factor but I think the biggest thing is down to the reduction in time, I used to shoot with a view to what I could do in post but now I don’t really have the option to spend too much time there... so it comes down to selecting better and trying to get closer in camera (Gary will agree that I still have much to learn in that regard [emoji23])

Fantastic set. Great feeling of the event through the images.

Back