Brownsea island red squirrels + More shots

Name
Sir
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally managed to get some time off and headed to Brownsea island for a few hours last Sunday.

I have been inspired by all the other shots posted from there lately and wanted to see just how great a photo opportunity it was.

These little critters are into everything if you turn your back on them for a second.

Definitely going back again in September.

Very very cool takes Sir,
my pick is #5!… too sweet!

Very impressive. I have been trying for 3 years to photograph whilst on holiday in Cumbria.

Prefer NO1and NO3 these side views to me seem to relate more to the image captured,,giving a greater prespective with a more natural pose.
Nothing wrong with other photos but do prefer the side views.
GEORGE.

Very enjoyable to view, must go! :)

Thanks to everyone for the feedback. I hope to get a few more processed tonight.

I would love to go back in the next few weeks but not sure if they will still be as active. I still have a lot of hazelnuts left over.[emoji13]

I like 2 and 5.

They offer something different to the usual images you see of squirrels or birds. Number 2 has a great framing from the tree whilst number 5 steps away from the typical shot and feels more personal. Nice :)

A superb set of photographs of a lovely subject. They really are a credit to your skill.

Processed a few more today. I only hope they go down as well as the last ones.

I guess I had better now own up to having a secret stash of monkey nuts just in case they were being picky on the day. :runaway:

You did very well and a great variety of poses

Never,never use peanuts though particularly in the shell - the squirrels may like em but they do not look good in shots - having said that while i was shooting last week someone had a supply not in the shell and they were ok provided they were hidden from view

stan

Hazelnuts and acorns are not readily available to everyone all months of the year ... Including the squirrels!

I have also seen them fed on sunflower seeds.

Just take whatever you can get your hands on and worry about sorting your photos out when you get home. It is better to have some photos than nothing at all.

Back