BTCC at Oulton Park

Name
Adam Smith
Edit My Images
Yes
Spent a great weekend at Oulton Park for the touring cars, never know weather be so different over 2 days, suppose that just made it more interesting though. Go to try out my new camera, which was good, just a bewildering number of settings to get used to now.

1. Clios back on form after a rather dull race on Saturday.

2. Rather second hand looking vectra of Tony Gilham

3. Audi A4 of Rob Austin

4. Jason Plato

5. Hondas leading the field.

6. BMW Power.

Nice shots. Nice and crisp.
Good series of crash shots in the Smith/Boardman accident. Could have been a much worse outcome!

Cracking set of the incident between Tom and Jeff. I bet Tom would be interested in seeing them, you should drop him an email. I didn't see him after the incident but had a chat with him after the second race and despite being disappointed he was feeling fine. Such a lovely guy and his pit crew are fabulous :)

TheStudent said:
Cracking set of the incident between Tom and Jeff. I bet Tom would be interested in seeing them, you should drop him an email. I didn't see him after the incident but had a chat with him after the second race and despite being disappointed he was feeling fine. Such a lovely guy and his pit crew are fabulous :)

Thanks for the comments. I cannot believe how unlucky he was to be taken out of the race like that. I would never think of sending stuff like this to the drivers, but I might give it a go.

I couldn't believe it either as he was having such a good race too... He asked me to send him some stuff so I know he would love to see yours. I will PM you a contact email once I have the okay to pass it on :)

TheStudent said:
I couldn't believe it either as he was having such a good race too... He asked me to send him some stuff so I know he would love to see yours. I will PM you a contact email once I have the okay to pass it on :)

Thanks I will certainly pass some stuff on.

Great catch on the crash, where were you for the spitfire shot? they always seem o be overhead me and didn't anything like that.?

Nice sharp pictures, just a shame the weather wasn't a little better to bring out some more colour. Great capture of the crash too. I watched the highlights on tv and plato was not happy at all!

#1 is a great racing shot, I like that a lot :) Well done for captured the Smith Boardman crash.

A couple of the other shots look a tad dark.

Glad you enjoyed the weekend and you're new toy :) Things will only get better as you learn to get the most out of it.

I have a serious soft spot for the Audi's.
Great capture on the crash aswell, looks like half of the back end of Smiths is missing!

Speedster502 said:
#1 as others have said is the best of the set. The lights, the rain and the battle makes for a strong image. Nice catch on the crash sequence too.

As others have said a lot of them seem quite dark, but I get the impression the weather was pretty horrible.

Thanks the weather wasn't great which didn't help but part of the problem was the lights knocking the metering out as I had it set wrong

Well caught on the incident at the hairpin. With a few of the others the cars are leaving bit close to the edge of the frame, so I'd say the composition could be better. The headlights have messed with your metering a bit too. Only way around that really is to go fully manual and meter off the track. I think #1 is the strongest shot here and in this case the slight under exposure works well.

gribbsy said:
Well caught on the incident at the hairpin. With a few of the others the cars are leaving bit close to the edge of the frame, so I'd say the composition could be better. The headlights have messed with your metering a bit too. Only way around that really is to go fully manual and meter off the track. I think #1 is the strongest shot here and in this case the slight under exposure works well.

Thanks for the feedback I will bear the suggestions in mind. It's great to get such useful feedback and so many positive comments

I want to thank everybody for the feedback on this thread, it is great to get such a good and positive response. I will certainly take on board the feedback that people have offered.

I would also like to thank TheStudent for suggesting that I contact Tom regarding pictures of the incident between him and Jeff. I did this, and one of my pictures has been used in an article on the BTCC site http://www.btcc.net/html/generalnews_detail.php?id=2455, which is the last thing I was expexting to happen when I started the thread.

Thanks

Adam

Thanks I was rather chuffed when I found out, never thought that it would happen though.

Why ever not?? You produce some lovely stuff so it's only a matter of time before you get something used :)

Mind you I am still stunned when any of mine get used in any publications or on websites... That's a good thing though, I would hate to turn in to a prima donna lol

TheStudent said:
Why ever not?? You produce some lovely stuff so it's only a matter of time before you get something used :)

Mind you I am still stunned when any of mine get used in any publications or on websites... That's a good thing though, I would hate to turn in to a prima donna lol

I don't know really, I suppose it's because its the first time that it's happened in the good few years that I have been dong this. It is really great that they would want to use it, made my day when I found out.

It's also about having enough confidence in yourself to put your images forward to be used ;)

I have been asked if they can use some of mine on the STR website and I was pretty stunned about that so you are not alone :)

TheStudent said:
It's also about having enough confidence in yourself to put your images forward to be used ;)

I have been asked if they can use some of mine on the STR website and I was pretty stunned about that so you are not alone :)

Suppose so, its something that I will have to do in the future.

Back