Budget and high end album options to compliment my current offerings?

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
I currently have two main offerings for my wedding photography, images on disc and an album, which the couple select and purchase after the wedding.

The couples when I first meet them all fall in love with the album, but when it comes to making a purchase further down the line, it is almost always for a disc of images and no album.

One of the reasons for this I believe is that there is quite a price gap between a disc and the album, so the couple find it difficult to justify the jump in expenditure.
The album I offer is a very nicely put together lay flat story book style album (think graphi but better quality imo), so a more "budget" option to fill the gap I am hoping will tease couples into looking at albums, and then the smaller gap in price from the budget to the current album I offer will be percieved as just another small step for a much nicer product.

In a similar vein, but possibly less important, a super high end album which is much more expensive than my current offering could also help.

The thought I am trying to put in customers mind is "that middle album is a bit more expensive than the cheap option, but it's much nicer, but it's nowhere near as expensive as the top one, so lets get it!"

So with that in mind, can anyone reccomend a budget album, costs somewhere in the region of £100?
And secondly, what is the créme de la créme of albums right now?

Similar situation. But instead ov lookong for a budget album we are no longer going to offer digital only packages. We are not reliant on weddings now so can be fussy. Tried budget albums a cpuple of times but as well as the quality you also find the software is shocking and it takes an age to get a decent layout.
I love Loxley Colour products and they are local, but you could argue I am biassed

So who's you supplier who produces better than Graphi?

So who's you supplier who produces better than Graphi?

I use these guys.
http://www.bespokephotobooks.com/#

I've not seen a graphi album any time in he last 3-4 years, so my opinions are based on what I was comparing to a while back now. I believe they have a larger range though, this was just a like for like album. The quality of the bespoke book was equal, if not better iirc. But it was also other little things that swayed me, price for the same thing. And also if I remember right the graphi albums had a pretty slow turn around.

Tell a lie, I saw one about a year ago from a photographer I almost used for my own wedding. I remember it having some horribly bendy plastic like pages. :hungover:

And by the time they deliver £100 will only be £10 in modern money !
7 to 8 weeks is a joke, support a uk supplier, just as cost effective and impressive as graphi and delivery in a week.

Am I write in thinking some would use a UK company rather than go for quality? I always look for quality and value for money and I don't think Graphi can be beat in that regard.

Personally I think there are uk companies with quality just as high as graphi; asukabook; and the south African one that tje name escapes me at the moment.
Loxley just named best album producer BY THERE PEERS

Am I write in thinking some would use a UK company rather than go for quality? I always look for quality and value for money and I don't think Graphi can be beat in that regard.
Like I said, when I originally compared the bespoke photobook with an equivilent graphi one, the bespoke book was of just as great quality.

I certainly haven't mention anything about choosing an inferior product in order to use a UK company, so not sure why you are suggesting it is an either/or scenario.

I have one of these photobooks currently in my possesion that was originally made for another photographer, who is a friend of mine, and is now somewhere in the region of 6 years old. It was his demo album, which has been to many a wedding fair, and to all of his initial client meetings, so has been well thumber through hundreds of times and I still would be hard pressed to tell it from any of my brand new albums. So I have no issues on the long term robustnes of them.

Now I have no issue with graphi what so ever, they make some lovely albums. But If I can get the same thing, at the same quality, for less money, quicker turnaround and not just a UK company, but one local to me, why would I not use them? :confused:

I started this thread to try and find a cheaper, lower range album to offer along side my current offering. Yet your only input has been to suggest that what I do currently offer is flawed in some way.

The couples when I first meet them all fall in love with the album, but when it comes to making a purchase further down the line, it is almost always for a disc of images and no album.

One of the reasons for this I believe is that there is quite a price gap between a disc and the album, so the couple find it difficult to justify the jump in expenditure.

Could be, but IMO it's more likely to be that by the time they get "further down the line", they're skint.

But whatever, if you do a "budget" album, will your profit on it actually be enough to make it worth your while?

Back