Budget Hama Tripod @ 7dayshop

Wowsa ... for someone looking for a light 'pod complete in all respects can this be beaten at less than 13 squids ???

I had one of these bought me by No2 son who was getting one for himself, despite me warning him it would be rubbish.

To be fair, the build quality of the legs is good for so little money, but the plastic head is absolutely useless. It's just about passable in landscape orientation but when tilted to portrait mode, all the weight of the camera is hanging on the heads plastic hinge arrangement and it simply isn't rigid enough to do the job at all, no matter how much you tighten the head the camera sags on the flex in the plastic and just isn't steady.

It's a nice idea, and I agree it looks a good deal, but it's best avoided ... honest, unless you're using a very light compact. :)

I have an even cheaper one I got on ebay.

I'm waiting until my google ad money comes through, and then I'm going to buy myself a Dynatran aluminium one :D

Leo

CT said:
To be fair, the build quality of the legs is good for so little money, but the plastic head is absolutely useless. It's just about passable in landscape orientation but when tilted to portrait mode, all the weight of the camera is hanging on the heads plastic hinge arrangement and it simply isn't rigid enough to do the job at all, no matter how much you tighten the head the camera sags on the flex in the plastic and just isn't steady.

It's a nice idea, and I agree it looks a good deal, but it's best avoided ... honest, unless you're using a very light compact. :)

100% correct in every way, i have one and can vouch what CT says, portrait is out of the question, with my kit on it, the head will just not hold the camera at all, and it doesn't always sit flat either.
save your money.:thumbsdown:

Back