Burnt my hand, cling film for how long?

joescrivens

Suspended / Banned
Name
Joe
Edit My Images
Yes
I poured steering hot roast potatoe oil all over my hand today. The most painful thing I have ever done in my life.

After an age in cool water I wondered how long am I supposed to keep cling film on it for?

Yup, did the cold water for 30 mins, put cling film on to stop infection, just wondering if there is a rough time amount to wear it for

change it regular but id prob suggest go to the doctor if its that bad get them to clean and dress it

And remember if it blisters not to burst the blisters whatever you do.

Cheers, it doesn't seem too bad now, just red and painful on a scale of 1 to 10 at about 3. No blisters yet. Was lucky that i was about 1m away from the cold tap when it happened so time from burn to cold was about 4 seconds.

Most lucky was that I instinctively grabbed my two year old daughter out of the way as I threw the roast potato pan across the kitchen.

Joe, seriously, if it's that bad, get to A&E and let them check it properly.

Cheers, it doesn't seem too bad now, just red and painful on a scale of 1 to 10 at about 3. No blisters yet. Was lucky that i was about 1m away from the cold tap when it happened so time from burn to cold was about 4 seconds.

Most lucky was that I instinctively grabbed my two year old daughter out of the way as I threw the roast potato pan across the kitchen.

isn't it strange how we do things like that...

Joe, seriously, if it's that bad, get to A&E and let them check it properly.

I don't think it is too bad now, it's like a 3 on the pain scale and no blisters. I can feel my skin so it's not gone through the top layer into the nerve endings.

If it blisters tomorrow I will get it looked at (y)

I don't think it is too bad now, it's like a 3 on the pain scale and no blisters. I can feel my skin so it's not gone through the top layer into the nerve endings.

If it blisters tomorrow I will get it looked at (y)

Fair enough but keep an eye on it. I burnt my arm the other week, literally just touched it against the pan. Barely a mark at the time but blistered quite badly the following day.

Get it looked at now, not tomorrow. Infection can set in and cause all sorts of problems.

All burns are serious.

Joe, get it checked out.

I 'caught' a freshly boiled kettle when I pulled it off the worktop by accident. Immense pain that was excruciating. Jumped in a bath of cold water and then wrapped it in film. Drove to A&E and they said that I'd done well to deal with it fast but that it was best to go to the hospital. I looked like that guy out of Robocop. I was bandaged for about eight weeks and have extensive scarring across the whole of my forearm. It aches in strong sunlight. If it's hurting you just a little, get it seen to.

My bird's auntie spilt chip fat all over here and as with any oil burn, it's worse than water as it keeps the heat. She is badly, badly scarred and after 20 years, it still looks raw.

Get it seen to. I nearly lost a finger from a small burn that only hurt a little, and still have no hair growth on that finger and some lovely marble effect scaring! Better safe than sorry

I'm a bit strange in that I have had several rather nasty burns yet none have ever scarred. I scratch myself on a bramble and that scars!?

id go and get it checked out now, i had a firework explode in my hand once and waited till the nest day before going in to a&e and was *******ed royally, and had to endure a Hattie Jacques style matron cutting off all the damaged bits, GO NOW !!!!!

thanks all for your concerns.

Today the burn is looking much better and isn't hurting, its a little tender to touch but only a little. The red has calmed right down and i'm not noticing the burn really at all now.

So i'll leave the A and E for people who need the attention

cheers

lavender oil on scalds/burns will prevent blistering and stops pain.. ;)

thats the exact opposite of everything i read. I read put no creams or oils on at all. And this was backed up by family friend who is a nurse

Joe you need to get yourself to A & E .Years ago I burned my hand ,wrist with hot oil,didn't think it was that bad but next day it really blistered. Got a real *******ing from the hospital for not going in the night before.. 5 days of going to the hospital every day to get it dressed

Like I said, mine isn't like that, yours must have been a worse burn. It doesn't hurt at all now and it's more than a day ago.

I'm sure his family friend (the nurse) will advise anyway if they think he needs medical attention

Back