Buying a Diamond ring?

Name
Rob
Edit My Images
Yes
Where is the best place to buy a diamond ring? No Ratners rubbish!

Lol..

Cheers

Rob

Have a look here, can be bought pre made, or made to order (the one I got made for an engagement ring took around 6 weeks and is amazing quality) Just remember and go for the best diamond and not just the biggest.

http://www.diamondgeezer.com/

Try Naomi Campbell heard she has a few :D

Have you considered buying an antique or secondhand ring?

The diamond and the gold are already millions of years old, and you can get a much better deal. The intended recipient may or may not have a problem with it, but it could mean they get a much more impressive rock.

Another alternative is to go to a diamond dealer to buy the stone and have the ring made for you.

The diamond and the gold are already millions of years old, and you can get a much better deal. The intended recipient may or may not have a problem with it, but it could mean they get a much more impressive rock.

Another alternative is to go to a diamond dealer to buy the stone and have the ring made for you.

Very good advice here (y)

sorry , just seemed a strange question thats all

I have to agree, it is a rather strange question to ask; especially as you don't mention for whom, what budget, what's the occasion?

In any case, my advice would be to head down to Bond Street, London. Graff, Cartier, Bulgari, Tiffany, to list a few .. no joke in that. If you want something more exclusive, other places are by appointment only but cater to very unique taste.

If you have any friends /family travelling to the Middle east, I had a friend get me a diamond and have a setting made when she went to Dubai. Cost me £1000 and when I had it valued they quoted £3000. Diamond was certified but was a bit bigger than I wanted as their minimum size was 1 carat

old stones aren't treated so are much better ;)

Do they treat diamonds as well? I knew they heat treated coloured stones to change the colour.

Modern diamonds have reference numbers etched in now I think, antique or old cut stones won't. In the case of diamonds I would want brilliant cut so I wouldn't be looking for really old pieces. I've had some of the old cushion cut stones and they don't sparkle as well.

why not fly out to dubai or another middle eastern country for a day or two..... i bought my wifes engagment ring out there for £500, and had it valued on return and its worth four times that much.

There are loads of gold shops next to each other and you can barter them right down...

Do they treat diamonds as well? I knew they heat treated coloured stones to change the colour.

Yes, the majority of fancy coloured diamonds are treated to enhance their colour or simply to create it in the first place. Genuine natural coloured diamonds tend to have a very pale hue, and those which are genuine, natural and have anything like real colour are very rare and bloody expensive. The basic rule for virtually everyone would be that if you can afford it, it must be faked in some way.

The extent of the racket in heat-treated rubies and sapphires and of oil-treated emeralds has been well documented on this website: http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/.

Thanks for options guys...looks like I've got quite a bit to go at!

Many Thanks!!

Rob

When I wanted a diamond for my wife's birthday (about five years ago), I looked up on t'internet to find dealers names based in Hatton Garden. Having checked out a couple by visiting, I was able to select the precise diamond I wanted/could afford and had it made up (in this case as a necklace). It came fully certificated with a suitable insurance value noted.

Anthony.

Have a look here, can be bought pre made, or made to order (the one I got made for an engagement ring took around 6 weeks and is amazing quality) Just remember and go for the best diamond and not just the biggest.

http://www.diamondgeezer.com/

+1 on diamond geezer. Got the wifes engagment ring through them. Their prices are very competitive. I asked a guy at work who is a silver smith and he could not compete on their quote! They are highly knowledgable and will give you quotes in your price range for biggest stone best quality stone or middle ground very happy customer of theirs here !!

+1 on diamond geezer. Got the wifes engagment ring through them. Their prices are very competitive. I asked a guy at work who is a silver smith and he could not compete on their quote! They are highly knowledgable and will give you quotes in your price range for biggest stone best quality stone or middle ground very happy customer of theirs here !!

Thanks for seconding the recommendation Steve!

We use a local jeweller for any requirements, I had a dress ring that I wore daily and it broke ( after 15 years) he gave me a massive dscount on a replacement and let me keep the old one for sentimantal value, that is the kind of service I like.

I'll be getting our wedding rings made with DiamondGeezer also, the guys ares very nice to deal with and you get multiple updates on your order etc.

I bought my fiancées engagement ring from Leslie Davies/Earnest Jones (same company) who appear to be on most high streets. I got great service and we've just received 10% off our wedding rings as we bought the engagement ring from there. (to be fair we didn't even need to prove it)

Over the past 6 years we've spent a lot of money in there and its always our first port of call, always had great service and good quality goods. On the one occasion we did have a slight issue the item (a watch) was packaged up, sent to the manufacturer and came back repaired and as new. We were notified at every point of the process, even down to a call to say there had been an issue with the supplier.

I have used a local Jewellers in Bishops Stortford

http://www.zelleyonline.com/

Cost me a fair bit over the years but its kept the other half happy. Trouble is you go in there and end up spending more than you intended :crying:

Anybody used Bluenile?

Lots of choice on there and have had some correspondance with them and they seem pretty quick to respond and answer calls.

Thanks

Rob

I will definately agree on the 2nd hand/antique advice. It will work out much cheaper, so you can get a bigger rock for the money! I bought my wifes engagement and eternity rings second hand and she was very impressed with both.

One last bit of advice, don't get anything from tiffany, its all horribly overpriced because of the name!

Back