Buying from Gatwick airport....

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
Today I have decided to go away for a short break to spain. Im going to go Monday. I really could do with a wide angle for a bit of landscape. Is there a camera shop at gatwick? If you what are the prices, stock and is it open all the time?

Many thanks :)

Looks like Dixons is the only shop remotely linked to cameras there. I think you could do a lot better by trying online, especially as vat free shopping is not 2.5% more expensive than a few months ago!

Looks like Dixons is the only shop remotely linked to cameras there. I think you could do a lot better by trying online, especially as vat free shopping is not 2.5% more expensive than a few months ago!

The problem is I leave monday, I literally only decided I was going half an hour ago.

IF you were going to Spain and were anywhere near Gib you could always try there, but I wouldn't hold my breath. If you did decide that route, know your prices before you go so you don't get ripped off.

forget the tax free angle as you won't get it due to you travelling within the EU.

forget the tax free angle as you won't get it due to you travelling within the EU.

That certainly applies to ciggies and booze, but not, apparently, electrical goods. I bought my D300 from Dixons duty free at Stansted on way to the Republic of Ireland. At the time it was a massive saving, no idea what the comaprisons are like now though. IN fact, IIRC, according to dixons website, the problems can occur when traveling OUTSIDE the EU as you may well be asked to pay tax on your way back in. However, if there is anything worth splashing your cash on, ask them if you can leave the boxes at the airport fro collection on your return and just take the item in your hand luggage ;)

apparently there is bugger all worth buying in the dixons store at the moment, one of the guys had a nosey the other day when they went to our store airside at gatwick. not that he could of bought anything anyway without a ticket lol

apparently there is bugger all worth buying in the dixons store at the moment, one of the guys had a nosey the other day when they went to our store airside at gatwick. not that he could of bought anything anyway without a ticket lol

I was at DTF in H'row last week and there is nothing, and I mean nothing worth buying, most prices are above retail online elsewhere :wacky:

other option is look online and get them to ship it to your hotel :)

I was at DTF in H'row last week and there is nothing, and I mean nothing worth buying, most prices are above retail online elsewhere :wacky:

That's what I thought, but just checking camerapricebuster and that Dixonstaxfree website, their D700 is £5 cheaper and the D60 £30 cheaper, so maybe they are better than we thought.:thinking:

and at least if it breaks, you'll have an excuse to go on holiday again and get it exchanged at the airport!!!

if you are going to spain then spain has good camera shops where you can get a good deal.just be prepared to bargain!
dont let your credit card out of site.good if you go into these shops with cash.

Back