Buying from Kerso

W

whiteflyer

I know Ian is very highly regarded when it comes to buying stuff and lot of you deal with him.

I'd like to ask what happens if you have a problem, say a bad copy of a lens. Do you send it back, like you could with a 'real' shop or would it have to go to canon.

Has anyone any experience with bad stuff from Ian ( not Ian's fault but a manufacturing problem)

I could be wrong, but I believe you can send it back to Ian, depending on the circumstance. I haven't had any problems myself, I'm just going off what my (usually dodgy) memory is telling me.

Im sure someone else will clarify.

Moved to Suppliers, Shopping and Bargains for you :)

Good call. I wanna ask Ian about some gear i want but i've already asked him about other stuff and still haven't bought anything so it's a bit embarassing :/ I'm definitely about to make some purchases tho, so it's justified emailing him... arrgh.. anyway, sorry.. ask him, he'll have something in place.

Let us know what he says, please!

I sent the following to Ian

Hi Ian

What sort of returns policy do you have, mainly if the lens has a manufacturing fault would I return it to you or send it straight to Canon UK, also if damaged in delivery.

Do the lenses have a full Canon guarantee here in the UK.

Please let me know any other relevant information.

He has just sent the following reply

Hi, All lenses I sell have Canon 1 year International warranty so no worries there, you are covered for 1 year by Canon UK. I will not disappear on you either. I have never had anything damaged in 2 years posting. Obviously I would exchange if that was to happen. Postage is £20 fully insured RMSD. Total of £very-large-amount. Does bank transfer or cheque suit? Ian.

Too many people on too many forums have a good word about Ian for me to be really worried, so I have ordered now.

Just a matter of sorting payment out and delivery dates.
53.gif
53.gif

I should email him sometime to see what the deal is with sigm lenses. I know their warranties aren't international. Unless someone else already has the answer that is.

Ian will remember my copy of the 70-200 f2.8L IS which I wasn't happy with. THe zoom ring was VERY tight and I couldn't zoom past 135mm.

He shipped a new copy over immediately and switched it for me at no additional cost (I live in Scotland so easy for me to meet with his sister).

He is excellent to deal with. I've spent a LOT of cash with Ian over the last couple of years.

Cheers
Jim

Back