Buying in Thailand/Bangkok

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm planning on visiting Thailand this year, and am considering purchasing a new lens while I'm there (poss the Nikkor 18-200VR).

Does anyone know what prices are like in Bangkok? Perhaps there is a retailer prices online?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

I am also going to Thailand, xmas eve to be precise, I visited there a good few years back and the lenses were much cheaper in Bangkok.
I can't remember by how much though, but always worth a look.

Everything else is much cheaper in Thailand, so I can't see why camera equipment wouldn't be. My D70 was made in Thailand, so I'm guessing you'd get cheap Nikon stuff.

Hi,

I'm planning on visiting Thailand this year, and am considering purchasing a new lens while I'm there (poss the Nikkor 18-200VR).

Does anyone know what prices are like in Bangkok? Perhaps there is a retailer prices online?

Any info appreciated.

Cheers.

I have a m8 who lives in Phuket I can ask him to do a bit of checking around if you like (?)
Paul ;)

would be interesting to know the prices of a range of bodys

I have emailed him so will report back when I hear from him - shame you don't want a cheap aqualung as he's a diving instructor :LOL:
Paul ;)

Bad news folks :shake: - Camera gear is expensive in Thailand & my m8 buys his Nikon gear from Australia! Others in his dive team buy their stuff when they are back in the UK ... Paul ;)

Head to MBK in Bangkok, there's a good photographic retailer in there on the ground floor, although I forget the name now.

When I was in Bangkok last year I got a sigma 105mm macro lens for an awful lot less than it would have cost me in the UK. I forget the exact price but I think it came to about £220. It came from a shop on Khao San Road. Everywhere I went the price for the lens was the same, they just sent someone off to get it from their main supplier and I popped back later that day and picked it up.

Back