Calling all Canon 450d Users!!

I was just browsing different sites to look for prime lenses and they're quite cheap, so i've decided to purchase one of those and also a flash gun i can get from greatuniversal, buy now pay february 2010.

xSitara™;1316201 said:
I was just browsing different sites to look for prime lenses and they're quite cheap, so i've decided to purchase one of those and also a flash gun i can get from greatuniversal, buy now pay february 2010.

Welcome to a very expensive hobby :D

xSitara™;1316214 said:
Ok dumb question but will a pentax flash gun work with my camera? :|

Hi hot shoe will be different, But don't try it, I use spots for ports indoors
cant beat them in my opinion, just make sure you meter before you shoot

Good luck

Hi all,

I've been floating around for about aq month, but feel that I should raise my hand as a 450 owner.. Here's the list:

450D with RC1 remote
50mm 1.8 II
Sigma 10-20
Canon 24-105 L IS
Canon 100-400 L IS
Kenko tubes
430EX
Various other bits not worth mentioning!

Still new, so trying to get to grips with what it and I can do!

Aye, prices shooting up at the mo sadly. The sony Alpha a200 went from £200 to £250!! And the 50mm 1.8 was £51, now £81!!! Bloody recession! They think consumers have lost confidence. Its not that, we can't afford owt now!

Hi all!

Just thought I would pop in and say Hi as a new 450 owner. Only have the kit lens and a flash gun and bag so far and am still waiting for it arrive :(

Totally new to photography let alone DSLR's! Bought mainly so i can take pics of my cats as we breed siamese and its a nightmare trying to get nice pics with our digital kodak easyshare point and click!

Towards the end of the week sees me off out book shopping at waterstones (I get a discount and points on my store card :) ) so i can learn what the hell I am doing with it, May even nip next door to Jessop's and see if I can pick up a nifty fifty!

Look forward to snapping away and most likley asking for lost of :help:

Pete

Hi all!
May even nip next door to Jessop's and see if I can pick up a nifty fifty!

Look forward to snapping away and most likley asking for lost of :help:

Pete

Have a look in the Classifieds : For Sale/Trade Kerso is curently doing the nifty fifth f1.8 for £70 delivered while jessops are around £99

ive just acquired myself a nice canon 450d is with a standard lens plus 75-300mm lens and camera armour from my brother in law. it seems alot more technical compared to an olympus e420. cant wait to use my new cam.

Well, the missus just ordered my bday pressie. A nifty fifty! Huzzah! Bit annoying as they were sub £50, and they're now £80 to buy. But i'm looking forward to lots of nice portraits of the dog!

Nice one Ras. I got one delivered in the week, it's a cracking little lens, but needs a completely different set of thought processes to use compared to a zoom.

Your right it's a cracking lens next on the list is a Speedlite, anyone know where you can get these cheap?

aye jgs! Got to get used to moving around the subject, instead of lazily zooming into it!!

Win! The lens turned up this morning! Alas the missus spirited it away from under my nose! So didnt have chance to have a look! still, its my bday tomorrow so i can open it then!

Here's a few of our Dog taken with the kit lens and 55-250mm..

3325113323_b377b85ec9.jpg
3325947622_97b2d5c75f.jpg

3325943758_d07d9752d4.jpg
3325940658_c6d9a9817e.jpg

3325894230_020b0e6bd5.jpg
3325891012_8188e659a2.jpg

3325888168_b8514f888d.jpg
3288947718_bedd840e4f.jpg

Been lurking for a while reading posts to help decide which DSLR to go for and decided on the 450d....I LOVE IT!!

Had it for a couple of weeks now (with 18-55mm and 80-200mm kit lenses) and just added the Canon 70-300mm IS USM and Canon 100mm macro - just got to wait for them to arrive now. Completely spent out now coz also bought a cheapie Miranda tripod and a Kata 465 rucksack as well as investing in Photoshop Elements 7 (just couldn't afford CS).

Just need to find the time to get used to it now coz this is my first venture into DSLR territory and as a working single parent with 4 kids which includes taxi service for girlfriends/mates/rugby practice, oh and feeding the hungry hordes (8 teenagers for dinner today!) and running what appears to be a laundry service....who am I kidding I won't have time...

OK rant over, I think they are all in bed now so maybe I can at least get the camera out of the bag to look at it for 5 minutes in peace.

Sharon

Hi Sharon, I see you've got the KATA 465. How're you getting on with it? Is it big enough for all your kit? I've also got the 450D with the standard 18-55 kit lens and a Tamron 70-300 zoom. Would these fit in the 465 OK? Can you fit the camera in with the 70-300 attached? Really tempted to buy one of these bags but no shops round here to check one out. Notice Amazon have them just now for £35 which seems like a bargain! :)

Hi Sharon, I see you've got the KATA 465. How're you getting on with it? Is it big enough for all your kit? I've also got the 450D with the standard 18-55 kit lens and a Tamron 70-300 zoom. Would these fit in the 465 OK? Can you fit the camera in with the 70-300 attached? Really tempted to buy one of these bags but no shops round here to check one out. Notice Amazon have them just now for £35 which seems like a bargain! :)

I am more than happy with this rucksack for holding all my kit (although I dont take the 80-200mm lens). Can easily fit the camera with the 70-300mm fitted as well as the 18-55 and the 100mm macro inside) just rejiggle the moveable inserts. I personally like the rucksack style coz it leaves my hands free and I can carry extra bits and pieces on a day out, and I found the Kata the most comfortable for me (y) Did also look at the 466 and the 467 but found these too big for my needs and also too bulky for me personally.

Well the 450 arrived last weekend and i am well pleased with it! Now I just have to learn to use it properly! :LOL:

I have the 450D with the kit 18-55mm lens a 4gb memory card and a Nissin Di622 speedlite.

I was hoping to get another lens to go with it but the house and car ate the spare funds this month! So i am still on the look out!

here are one or 2 pics that i took on the first few days i had it. i admit they were taken in the basic zone, but i am well impressed with the pic quality and am really looking forward to using it properly.

So here are a few pics of my cats and neice!

IMG_0106.jpg

IMG_0014.jpg

cookie9.jpg

cookie5.jpg

cookie11.jpg

em8.jpg

em7.jpg

em3.jpg

Ok so i know they are not great pics, but i like them and they can only get better with practice!

Any recomendations on reading materail and kit to get would be great also!

Thanks for looking!

Pete

I am more than happy with this rucksack for holding all my kit (although I dont take the 80-200mm lens). Can easily fit the camera with the 70-300mm fitted as well as the 18-55 and the 100mm macro inside) just rejiggle the moveable inserts. I personally like the rucksack style coz it leaves my hands free and I can carry extra bits and pieces on a day out, and I found the Kata the most comfortable for me (y) Did also look at the 466 and the 467 but found these too big for my needs and also too bulky for me personally.

Thanks for that Sharon. Sounds like the one for me too! :wave:

Back