Calling All Pentax & Samsung Users!!!!!!!

Can someone enlighten me as to which lenses ( prefix ) will fit the K range confused when i see Smc, DA, KAF ,etc thanks.

Also avoid any lens that claims to be a Pentax fit that has a Ricoh pin, they're a bugger to get off if you get one stuck on.

K20d owner here, just taken delivery of a vivitar series 1 70-210 f2.8 - 4 A (Komine version). Looking forward to having a play over the weekend :)

Recently gone back to pentax but not had chance to use it much yet. K30 with 18-135 and some manual lenses a 50 1.7 and a 135 3.5 both £20 each off ebay.

K20d owner here, just taken delivery of a vivitar series 1 70-210 f2.8 - 4 A (Komine version). Looking forward to having a play over the weekend :)

Used to have one of those, got excellent results from it.

I still use a Series 1 Vivitar 105mm f2.5 for a lot of my macro stuff.

Hoverfly on pink flower by Mike.Pursey, on Flickr

Yeah,

that's kind of what I thought Mike, be interesting to see if they mention the new lenses, if they promote them as being FF compatible. Thought with the SRS prices atm though, there might have been an updated K3 coming?

I'm hoping for an updated K-3 as well although I have to say I found it pretty much perfect apart from the drop in high ISO/DR performance and my biggest annoyance with Pentax which is their crappy AF tracking. I'm also waiting to hear about the big zoom, as much as I like my Sigma 50-500mm OS I would prefer a lens with a slightly smaller range that would take the new 1.4x teleconverter.

Hopefully they will also announce a FF body, I don't need one but Pentax do.

FA lens so designated full frame capable.

Should be interesting, especially since Sigma have ceased production of their 70-200mm OS in Pentax mount.
Maybe it's time for me to sell my Sigma OS and the 50-135mm 2.8.

Last edited:
I have a K-3 ii, looked around at specs and image definition for a couple of months and nearly got the Canon 6D.

I was starting from scratch after 16 years of having various Fuji bridge cameras and a Canon SX1 IS. Many many years ago I had Canon, Pentax and Bronica (with all the lenses), all that is left of my film days is a Ricoh 35mm (battery wind with multiple exposure) and a 50mm lens.

I got the K-3 ii (24mp) because the image quality was about the same as the 6D (20mp) on published tests, but there were so many more features on the K-3 ii especially for astrophotography.

I got a bundle deal, it came with the 18-55mm WR lens at £699 from Park Cameras. I then got the Samyang 10mm f/2.8 ED AS NCS CS Lens from Mobicity Hong-Kong for £279.

I wanted to have a zoom so got the Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO Macro Super DG Lens which was ok but superb on macro. This was £149 from Wex Photographic.

I then got the Pentax FA 150-450mm f/4.5-5.6 ED DC AW Lens on offer at £1299 from Jessops. This is really good.

Bought the Kenko 1.4x MC4 teleconverter but it was loose on the camera mount and rattled. I sent it back to SRS Microsystems and bought the Pentax HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter 1.4X AW which was on offer for £259.

I bought the Flucard which has over 10m connection to my phone by wifi, £39.99 from Great Western Cameras.

I am happy for now.

Not much going on in this thread but I'm a newbie at TP & have a few Pentax bodies...
a K5ii as my main DSLR
a K7 in case I need a body while at work
& an old K100d my first DSLR potentially to be used for UV photography due to its weak hot mirror, but probably just being horded.

I have a few old film models as well but they're not likely to see any use

I have been a Pentax user since the Spotmatic. I currently have a K-500 (which has a defective aperture solenoid) and a K-70, my pride and joy. In the past I have also had an *ist DS and a K-10D. I donated these to a friend when I upgraded. I have just bought another K-10D for my sister as her *ist DL will no longer power up. At the moment I'm collecting bits for a foray into Macrophotography.

I have been a Pentax user since the Spotmatic. I currently have a K-500 (which has a defective aperture solenoid) and a K-70, my pride and joy. In the past I have also had an *ist DS and a K-10D. I donated these to a friend when I upgraded. I have just bought another K-10D for my sister as her *ist DL will no longer power up. At the moment I'm collecting bits for a foray into Macrophotography.
If you're keen on getting into macro have a look at www.extreme-macro.co.uk an excellent website by another Pentax user :)

Good to keep this trhead alive.

Been a k-mount user since the mid-80's when my Dad bought a Chinon CE-4 and I borrowed it from time to time.

Then I bought my own Chinon, a CP-7m, in 1987 since being a poor student couldn;t afford a P50, SFX or Canon T70.

Was offered a cheap 'new' (unwanted prize) of a Z-10 in 1992, followed in the last 28 years by
Z-20
Z-1p (which I still cherish)
Z-1
MZ-S
*istD
*istDL
K10D
K20D
K-5
K-3
K-1 (still have this, the P50 and Z-1p)
P50 (yes, this is the most recent purchage)

consolidated my glass to FA and D-FA over time.

I love my Pentax gear, evokes a feeling I don't get from the Nikons.

I wonder how many of us there are nowadays?
In the digital era I’ve always had at least one Pentax body, but have also had short liaisons with Nikon, Fuji & Sony. I still have some Panasonic M43 gear.
My first love has always been Pentax, and I am now “getting back into” the system.
I currently have a K5iiS, K3 and K3iii and a pretty comprehensive selection of lenses. My main interest is Birds, and coincidentally I’m picking up a D FA 150-450mm f4.5-5.6 from a Pentax Forums member on Tuesday next.
The image below was taken this morning with the K3iii and Sigma 300mm f2.8 EX DG

View: https://flic.kr/p/2mMvJdV

Last edited:
I was out shooting with my K5ii today & have used both my K7 & my Q in the last fortnight.
Most of the time now I use a Sony A7ii (full spectrum converted).

That's nice, you beat me to that 300mm by a few hours I think.

Does it have a rear filter ... my 500mm has a 46mm neutral and is supposed to have a polarisor but that is missing so I am trying to find one.

Yes, it has a rear filter. (46mm). The rear part of the barrel rotates so you can use a polariser.

I‘m really looking forward to getting the 150-450mm on Tuesday and seeing how that performs on the K3iii.

Last edited:
I'm a Pentax shooter, shot these a few days ago:

Got half a roll of film in my K1000 also as I shoot Pentax analogue also

Yes, it has a rear filter. (46mm). The rear part of the barrel rotates so you can use a polariser.

I‘m really looking forward to getting the 150-450mm on Tuesday and seeing how that performs on the K3iii.

As someone I would trust to know what they are talking about when it comes to AF/Tracking speed I would be interested on your take regarding the K3II and K3III especially with the 150-450mm when it arrives.

As someone I would trust to know what they are talking about when it comes to AF/Tracking speed I would be interested on your take regarding the K3II and K3III especially with the 150-450mm when it arrives.

The mark iii is superior to the mark ii with my present lenses, so I don’t imagine it will be any different with the 150-450. It’s not at the latest Sony levels, but a great improvement on the Pentax norm.
I thought the K3iii was overpriced before I bought it (and probably is), but I just find it a joy to use.

All depends what happens I guess when D850 gets superceded, that's been out almost 4 years and still no sign of the 45.7MP finding it's way to Ricoh....

Mind you trying to do anything with the 36MP files from my D810 and K-1 on my PC is extremely painful at the moment. New PC beckons

All depends what happens I guess when D850 gets superceded, that's been out almost 4 years and still no sign of the 45.7MP finding it's way to Ricoh....

Mind you trying to do anything with the 36MP files from my D810 and K-1 on my PC is extremely painful at the moment. New PC beckons

I had to upgrade when I moved to the 645z and built a machine that would handle editing 8k video so anything up to 150mp phase 1 should be fine for this new PC. Phase 1 is what I want, but what my wallet doesn't permit.

Nikon still haven't moved beyond the 45.7mp -and it's really good. But when K3iii was announced it's based around the pixel pitch of the A7Riv 61mp - so kinda hoping the K1 iii would be this - or even the Sony 50mp. 645z ii being the 100mp.

Fingers crossed.

Oldest and newest got used in Venice this weekend gone....

Interesting using the D-FA*70-200/2.8 on the P50, hopefully get cracking B&W images once I've finished the film.

Well, I've taken the risk of buying a DA* 16-50mm f2.8.
I saw it on eBay - decent price, latest silver style box etc.etc..
I made the enquiry re SDM failure and was told there was no problem, so I bought it.
I've been out to take a few shots locally, and everything appears to be good - autofocus, sharpness, and it renders beautifully.

IMGP0015.jpg

Hi,

As a Pentax owner for many years how is it I've not noticed this thread up to now????

Here is one from a few weeks ago,

bright_eyes.jpg

K3 Mark 1 and a Sigma 18-250. Shakerley Mere, Cheshire

Howard

Not sure if I qualify. I do have a few old Pentax camera lying around. :D

Thought I'd give this thread a boost. From a walk yesterday

A Cheshire field

cheshire_landscape-and_pylons_s.jpg

and

House (not mine) in the sun, converted in PSE10

house_bw_s.jpg

and