Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPS

Edit My Images
Yes
I don't buy Amateur Photographer magazine very often, in fact maybe twice in four years. I was out in Morrison's an hour back and noticed that this weeks issue has a preview of the A900, the first mag to have a two page write up that I know of. Ok, it isn't a full blown review but they seem to think it's an ok camera so far.

hi all
just dropped in to say hi as i`m waiting for my new a200 to arrive tomorrow from amazon.
im sure i`ll be back asking for some help as this will be my first dslr having had a fuji s9600
for the last year.

hi all
just dropped in to say hi as i`m waiting for my new a200 to arrive tomorrow from amazon.
im sure i`ll be back asking for some help as this will be my first dslr having had a fuji s9600
for the last year.

Welcome to the site :wave::wave::wave:

Steer clear of Stan....he'll have you emptying your wallet before you know what's hit you :LOL::LOL::LOL:

cheers

i wont let the wife see that comment im in dog house already all i got was ...............well dont the one you have take photos ?

lol, same answer I got when I went out and bought my A200 (had it a week and luuuurve it)

now I have to find a way of hiding the new lenses I intend on buying.....

lol, same answer I got when I went out and bought my A200 (had it a week and luuuurve it)

now I have to find a way of hiding the new lenses I intend on buying.....

My wifes not the problem, she would not notice as long as the one I am using is black.
However, my 14 year old is another story. He will get straight on google and let the family know what I have been up to.

Welcome to the site :wave::wave::wave:

Steer clear of Stan....he'll have you emptying your wallet before you know what's hit you :LOL::LOL::LOL:

oiiiiiii........i resemble theat remark :LOL:

just to let you know,i added the sigma 24-70 F/2.8 EX DG to the armoury yesterday.........

but don't tell the wife as she don't know yet.....:eek:

oh,and welcome to the world of sony alpha livewire and golgarth :wave:

Another Sony A200 user, cracking camera!!:D:D just need a 70-200G to add to it.....:thinking::nono::wacky:
Have Fun!!

'cos it was too big, there was a message the other day that these large threads will be truncated, well I think there was anyway, unless it was a different board that I go on.

I am gutted.
Never before have I started a thread, that has grown so big and popular.

:razz:

:LOL:

Seriously, thanks guys for making the 1st Sony thread as great as it was.
And thanks JPS for keeping it alive!!!!!

Ah, so this is where those posts went to! :thinking: Good to know the thread is still going then. The scary thing is that, out of 1,055 posts on the original thread, 212 are mine! :eek: I really should get out more. :LOL: Andy, you should be proud!

Welcome to the new Sonyites. Pac, you know you want to join us in the white lens club. We were actually well represented at the Olympic Parade meet yesterday, 2 Nikons, 2 Canons and 2 Sonys (Me and Stan) so we're catching up with them lot fast.

we're taking over the world...was just in my local tesco when i noticed a chap reading the write up on the A900 in this months amateur photographer magazine,so i ask him if he was thinking of getting one....his reply was that he'd just bought the A350,and i really happy with it,so.......

yes,we're deffo taking over....:woot:*

*but don't tell the canikonite's quite yet :nono: :LOL:

we're taking over the world...was just in my local tesco when i noticed a chap reading the write up on the A900 in this months amateur photographer magazine,so i ask him if he was thinking of getting one....his reply was that he'd just bought the A350,and i really happy with it,so.......

yes,we're deffo taking over....:woot:*

*but don't tell the canikonite's quite yet :nono: :LOL:

one of the photographers for the Sun was doing an interview on The Sun website the other day..he said he'd just got an A900 lol

Hey Tim, can't believe you joined the forum just last month and have 130 posts already........... Good going. (y)

Zahir :)

well my A200 just turned up i must have been the last drop !!! its going to be a fun evening i think.

dont start me off on which lens i need next just yet

well my A200 just turned up i must have been the last drop !!! its going to be a fun evening i think.

dont start me off on which lens i need next just yet

Now that's where the spending really starts! :D

Guys, what's the deal...

I've been longing after a low aperture lens, maybe 1.8 or lower... Anyways, found a Minolta 50mm f/1.4 on ebay for £20... why is it so cheap! It worries me! But I think it's new (though it doesn't say) and it's from an actual manufacturer or something, not a normal random seller.
Maybe is it only Manual focus?
Is this a big deal..like hard to get used to?

I really want 1 of these lenses, but i don't know even know what kinda prices to expect...
Helps..?

Guys, what's the deal...

I've been longing after a low aperture lens, maybe 1.8 or lower... Anyways, found a Minolta 50mm f/1.4 on ebay for £20... why is it so cheap! It worries me! But I think it's new (though it doesn't say) and it's from an actual manufacturer or something, not a normal random seller.

I really want 1 of these lenses, but i don't know even know what kinda prices to expect...
Helps..?

I don't know anything about the Minolta f1.4, but the f1.7 is extremely popular and goes usually for around £60

Guys, what's the deal...

Helps..?

If it looks like this....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/minolta-sony-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

..........snap it up.
A good 50mm f1.7 will go for between £50 - £75.000 with an f1.4 fetching a bit more.
Make sure it has AF on it.........and expect to pay anything up to £100 maybe a bit more if it's f1.4
Well worth getting
Rob

By the way...no "Minolta" lens will be brand new.

hi tim..i thought you had deffected to the other side...:puke: ;)

you're always welcome back should you wish :LOL:

hehe well erm..I did buy a Canon today, yes :confused: but that doesn't mean I still don't like sony...:shake:

If it looks like this....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/minolta-sony-...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

..........snap it up.
A good 50mm f1.7 will go for between £50 - £75.000 with an f1.4 fetching a bit more.
Make sure it has AF on it.........and expect to pay anything up to £100 maybe a bit more if it's f1.4
Well worth getting
Rob

By the way...no "Minolta" lens will be brand new.

The 50mm f/1.4 AF routinely goes for over £120, so I'd imagine the £20 one is the MD mount

I have the 50mm F1.4 lens. The only thing wrong with it is it has the same fairly naff built in lens hood as the F1.7. Has anyone here bought a replacement hood that either screws in the end or overlaps the lens? I bought F1.4 along with a 135mm F2.8 prime from a guy in america.

Ah, so this is where those posts went to! :thinking: Good to know the thread is still going then. The scary thing is that, out of 1,055 posts on the original thread, 212 are mine! :eek: I really should get out more. :LOL: Andy, you should be proud!

Welcome to the new Sonyites. Pac, you know you want to join us in the white lens club. We were actually well represented at the Olympic Parade meet yesterday, 2 Nikons, 2 Canons and 2 Sonys (Me and Stan) so we're catching up with them lot fast.

Thanks mate.
I was somewhat chuffed that one of my threads grew so big!!

:woot:

hi
this may seem a daft thing but can someone tell me what APO stands for on a lens and why is it better.
cheers

Not daft at all! From the Sigma site:

The APO lens corrects chromatic aberrations
An apochromatic lens, which keeps color aberration to a minimum, using Special Low Dispersion (SLD) or Extraordinary Low Dispersion (ELD) glass is called an APO series lens at Sigma.
This lens uses four pieces of SLD (the special low dispersion) glass for excellent correction of chromatic aberration. High optic performance is demonstrated throughout the entire zoom range.

hi
this may seem a daft thing but can someone tell me what APO stands for on a lens and why is it better.
cheers

Taken from the Sigma website:

APO (APO Lens)
In order to attain the highest quality images, the APO lens has been made using special low-dispersion (SLD) glass and is designed to minimize color aberration.

Bugger. Too slow LOL!!

..................Seriously, thanks guys for making the 1st Sony thread as great as it was.
And thanks JPS for keeping it alive!!!!!

No problem Andy, for quite a while I seemed to be about the only Sony user on this site - or so it seemed, until you guys all turned up and joined the party :bonk: :bonk: (y) :banana:

thanks guys
i just won 70-300 minolta lens off ebay for £88 pounds to get me started
i needed one for a rally next week
just hope its ok

smiffy im getting good comments on the shots of BIG PIT i have posted in the general photo sharing forum which were taken with the tamron (y)

Digital Camera has a 2 page spread 'First Look' in the November issue.

Did the article mention that the A900 has the best IS system in the world currently? I was at a conference here in Japan where Sony announced that it's improved in-camera AS is better than any other in-camera or lens system currently available and went on to show why and demonstrate it. At the time it looked like that was going to be a central selling point... so what was said about it in that spread?

smiffy im getting good comments on the shots of BIG PIT i have posted in the general photo sharing forum which were taken with the tamron (y)

So I see Mark.
Great set of piccies, and you really have that lens working, they look great.
Value for money or what????
;););););)

id love a white lens, but whilst i save up, im happy with my 75-300!!
had some good pics so far, just abit poorer in low light situations!
Time to start saving.....:wacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back