Calling all Sony Alpha users! (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys, sorry in delayed reply.
Mark - havent had a chance to use your lens yet, very busy with work and lack of social time lol
ended up sepending £15 on a set of "macro covers" just for some cheap fun,
so on another note, is there anywhere to get a Wide angle equiv?
i have been asked to do some interior photos for work, and looking something wide angle/maybe fisheye.
any cheap recommendations?

In my latest copy of What Digital Camera magazine, the advert for CameraWorld has the 70-200 Sony white lens at £1599.99. Is that a typo? I bought mine from CameraWorld back in July for £1199. Why the £400 increase?

In my latest copy of What Digital Camera magazine, the advert for CameraWorld has the 70-200 Sony white lens at £1599.99. Is that a typo? I bought mine from CameraWorld back in July for £1199. Why the £400 increase?

I'm guessing typo. It's still listed on their website as £1194!

mabie soon ill decide 2 get one... but £1200 is alot of cash to put on the front of a A200:bonk: do they make a huge difference, as a newbie im not sure of the advantages! i mostly shot sports n motorsports......
stan u been to get shots of the surfcasting yet?
A month or 2 ago Digital Camera magazine tested the a200, a350 & a700 with the 18-70 kit lens and the CZ16-80.

The a200 came out on top with both lenses.

So go on, spend that cash, it will be worth it. :naughty:

A month or 2 ago Digital Camera magazine tested the a200, a350 & a700 with the 18-70 kit lens and the CZ16-80.

The a200 came out on top with both lenses.

So go on, spend that cash, it will be worth it. :naughty:

yea mabie one day soon, ill become a member of the white lens club!:D hopefully have it for next years MX season!

Just got me a great deal on a VG-B30AM battery grip.
Collecting it tomorrow :woot:

£80 :D (New and unused).

BUT, I might need some help with something, so I turn to you, my ever faithful Sony friends......... :nuts:

Went into our (new and shiny!!!!) Curry's digital today, and they had LOTS of dSLR camera's.
Pretty much all the new and a few old (ish) models.
And I held the new N***n D90.
And just for a split nano second, I thought about flogging my Sony gear for a D90 :eek:

HELP ME FRIENDS!!!!!!
DON'T LET ME DO IT!!!!!

Seriously though, bloody nice bit of kit..........

Just got me a great deal on a VG-B30AM battery grip.
Collecting it tomorrow :woot:

£80 :D (New and unused).

BUT, I might need some help with something, so I turn to you, my ever faithful Sony friends......... :nuts:

Went into our (new and shiny!!!!) Curry's digital today, and they had LOTS of dSLR camera's.
Pretty much all the new and a few old (ish) models.
And I held the new N***n D90.
And just for a split nano second, I thought about flogging my Sony gear for a D90 :eek:

HELP ME FRIENDS!!!!!!
DON'T LET ME DO IT!!!!!

Seriously though, bloody nice bit of kit..........

Noooooooooooo!!!!!!! It never happened it was all a drea...err nightmare!

hi all, had my sony a200 for a couple of months now and have really enjoyed learning how to us it. i really enjoy taking pics of birds[the feathered type:)] so was thinking of buying my first lens but am unsure what to buy, any ideas would be great but must be within my budget of about £150, thanks

hi all, had my sony a200 for a couple of months now and have really enjoyed learning how to us it. i really enjoy taking pics of birds[the feathered type:)] so was thinking of buying my first lens but am unsure what to buy, any ideas would be great but must be within my budget of about £150, thanks

hi hucknall..

might i suggest either the sony 75-300 or the sigma 70-300,both are decent lens and would do the job...and within your budget.

might be worth bidding on this..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Sony-75-300mm...=39:1|66:2|65:1|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

lots of sony lens here...

http://photography.shop.ebay.co.uk/...catsZ3323Q2c625QQ_sacatZ30070QQ_udhiZQQ_udloZ

good luck(y)

hucknall, i may be selling a 75-300 lens very soon! only had it about 2months, and its near brand new condition! give me a PM if ** be interested.

stan, where did u get the 77mm clear lens protector?:D:D
white lens club soon......

Does anyone know which lenses work with ADI flash on the Sony range ?

The manual for the HVL-F42Am says -

ADI is possible in combination with a lens with a built in distance encoder.

Is this just the Sony DT range ?

sorry leaky...i'm not able to answer your question,way to technical for me i'm afraid.i'm sure someone with more knowledge will answer your question shortly.

on an aside,took this shot with my 24-70 F/2.8 tonight...just a test shot to see how sharp the lens was wide open.no C+C needed or wanted.

shot at 70mm,F/2.8,ISO100,1/125th sec and fill flash with a flashcard attached.i would appreciate your input as to how sharp you think the image is,shot at F/2.8 :shrug:

closeness.jpg

Yey I gots myself a Minolta 50mm 1.7 on ebay just minutes ago! Woo!

Bit of a rip though, ended up paying £85 plus another £6 for P&P like....
But yey!

Yey I gots myself a Minolta 50mm 1.7 on ebay just minutes ago! Woo!

Bit of a rip though, ended up paying £85 plus another £6 for P&P like....
But yey!

congrats TS...it shows how popular the 50mm F/1.7 has become in the last few months,as i paid £40 for mine including postage.i've yet to use it in anger,although i suspect i may do so this weekend at my brothers wedding.

big white lens next then...we need more members :rules: ;)

Does anyone know which lenses work with ADI flash on the Sony range ?

The manual for the HVL-F42Am says -

ADI is possible in combination with a lens with a built in distance encoder.

Is this just the Sony DT range ?

Any Sonolta lens with the "D" designation. Look for eight contacts rather than 5 on the lens.

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/

It gets way more complicated with third party lenses :puke:

Don't forget that ADI only works with direct flash and that is probably the last method you'll want to use ;)

Outta curiousity....

How much ja reckon I could get if i sold my Minolta 35-80mm f4-5.6 (22) ?

I've just borrowed the money for my latest purchase, so now gotta fund it in other ways apart from my pocket money...
maybe i should get a job..? lol

Any Sonolta lens with the "D" designation. Look for eight contacts rather than 5 on the lens.

http://www.dyxum.com/lenses/

It gets way more complicated with third party lenses :puke:

Don't forget that ADI only works with direct flash and that is probably the last method you'll want to use ;)

So, no swivel or bounce, no diffusing and only works on D lenses. Does anyone actually use ADI :shrug:

So, no swivel or bounce, no diffusing and only works on D lenses. Does anyone actually use ADI :shrug:

Like every other feature of these very complex machines, there are times when it is usefull and times when it is not. The art of being a photographer is knowing which time is which. :LOL:

It's usefull if you are shooting a subject against a bright background, as long as there is some distance between the two. ADI will expose for the subject which is at the focal point, not the bright background. If your subject is bright against a dark background it can be counter productive, exposing for the subject and leaving a dark background.

The handy thing is, if you set your flash mode to ADI, as soon as you bounce/swivel or remove the flash from the shoe it defaults to PTTL. So you can have the best of both worlds. (y)

Bought my first SLR and chose A200 as a starter. Have started taking pics and would like any helpful comments to improve future shots I take. I'll upload more as I take em!

Thanks

Bought my first SLR and chose A200 as a starter. Have started taking pics and would like any helpful comments to improve future shots I take. I'll upload more as I take em!

Thanks

Welcome to the fold Coxy. Keep taking photos and keep posting them on TP. Ask questions and, above all, enjoy!! (y)

I've tried to pop my photo on here but can't seem to find it now................help!

I've tried to pop my photo on here but can't seem to find it now................help!

Hmm, looking at your posting history you have one post on the original Sony thread and two on this one. Whrere were you trying to post your photo?

I tried to upload it to my photo's. Is there a way of putting them directly onto a thread?

I tried to upload it to my photo's. Is there a way of putting them directly onto a thread?

To post a photo in a thread, open it up in your gallery. Below the image you will see a field titled Medium Image with a url with

Thanks for the help, and sorry for being slow! I've tried to upload my photo into my gallery twice but it doesn't seem to have worked. Do they get placed into a holding bay and looked at before they are allowed onto the system?

Thanks for the help, and sorry for being slow! I've tried to upload my photo into my gallery twice but it doesn't seem to have worked. Do they get placed into a holding bay and looked at before they are allowed onto the system?

No need for apologies.

It should upload straight to the gallery. One thing though, the forum posting limit is max 800 pixels on the longest side and 200k. If the photo doesn't meet those criteria it will not upload to the galllery and you should get a message to tell you that. Have you resized your photo?

ahhhhhhhhh, didn't get an error message though! I'll have to do that tonight when I get home..............as you can probably guess, work is a little slow today!!!! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back