Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
thankfully,she has no interest in my photography....apart from taking nice shots of the grandchildren of course ;)

my only reservation being that i already have the 17-70,but at the long end it's F/4.5,so may struggle in low light...but i have the 70-200 which should cope admireably,or the 50mmF/1.7 if the light is really bad :shrug:

That's why I got the 24-70. I have the Sony 50mm f1.4 but it isn't wide enough sometimes and the Tamron 18-250 isn't fast enough. The Sigma gives me the best of both and less faff!

sounds like i must have one then,but it's gonna be a no no to the 2X T/C for a while then,as i'll be spent out ....:(

Doesn't mean you can't have a play though! ;)

BTW, I'd phone Microglobe about the lens to check it's in stock as it's like rocking horse sh*t in Sony fit at the moment. I actually emailed Sigma last week about it and they told me that, due to low demand, they produce them in batches and could not guarantee when the next batch would be manufactured. I was lucky in that someone on another forum sent me the link to Microglobe.

Doesn't mean you can't have a play though! ;)

BTW, I'd phone Microglobe about the lens to check it's in stock as it's like rocking horse sh*t in Sony fit at the moment. I actually emailed Sigma last week about it and they told me that, due to low demand, they produce them in batches and could not guarantee when the next batch would be manufactured. I was lucky in that someone on another forum sent me the link to Microglobe.

according to their website,they have it in stock,but we know how innacurate they can be..so i'll give them a ring to check (y)

according to their website,they have it in stock,but we know how innacurate they can be..so i'll give them a ring to check (y)

Indeed. The first three times I ordered it (Warehouse Express, Camera King and Jessops) they showed as in stock. :bang:

yes thats a tester isn't it :LOL:

on a sadder note..just been to sort out my equipment for thursday,and i've noticed that my cokin filter kit is nowhere to be found :shake: :(.i've either left it in kimmeridge bay,or the caravan park..whom i've just rang to see if they've been handed in,the woman i spoke to said she will check it out and get back to me..but i'm not holding much hope :crying: :crying:

bugger :bang: :bang: :bang:

yes thats a tester isn't it :LOL:

on a sadder note..just been to sort out my equipment for thursday,and i've noticed that my cokin filter kit is nowhere to be found :shake: :(.i've either left it in kimmeridge bay,or the caravan park..whom i've just rang to see if they've been handed in,the woman i spoke to said she will check it out and get back to me..but i'm not holding much hope :crying: :crying:

bugger :bang: :bang: :bang:

Bugger indeed! You never know though. My Father in Law left his mobile phone on a wall on a big hill in the middle of the Lake District. Next time he went there it was still there......and it worked!

i'm not intending going back to dorset in the near future to find out...i will give rockley park until friday or next monday to see if they turn up,or i'll have to bite the bullet and replace them as and when needed...:puke:

Have to confess at not having a clue about cokin thingies. Are they expensive? If so, don't tell the missus until AFTER you've bought the 24-70! ;)

Have to confess at not having a clue about cokin thingies. Are they expensive? If so, don't tell the missus until AFTER you've bought the 24-70! ;)

she already knows i've mislaid the filters,and to be honest..she's pretty good at understanding.all together,what i've lost cost me about £110-£120,so not cheap really...trouble is,do i still get the 24-70,or should i replace my filter system et al if they fail to show up at rockley park..mmmmmmm,a toughy :thinking:

she already knows i've mislaid the filters,and to be honest..she's pretty good at understanding.all together,what i've lost cost me about £110-£120,so not cheap really...trouble is,do i still get the 24-70,or should i replace my filter system et al if they fail to show up at rockley park..mmmmmmm,a toughy :thinking:

Now that IS a toughy! :thinking: Can you replace the filters as and when and maybe spread the cost? That may then allow you to justify getting the 24-70. However, if you do that and your missus asks, I had no influence on your decision whatsoever! :whistle:

Now that IS a toughy! :thinking: Can you replace the filters as and when and maybe spread the cost? That may then allow you to justify getting the 24-70. However, if you do that and your missus asks, I had no influence on your decision whatsoever! :whistle:

don't worry,i won;t tell her if you don't :LOL:;)

but yeah,i could replace them as and when i need them...unless they turn up at rockley park...will sleep on it tonight before making a final decision(if i get any sleep!)

off to karate shortly..maybe use student as punchbag ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back