Calling all Sony Alpha users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally got around to taking some snip snaps of my lenses (click for dyxum link):

Minolta 35-105mm f/3.5 (metal bodied)

1223717180.jpg

1223717219.jpg

1223717254.jpg

Minolta 50mm f/1.7

1223717300.jpg

1223717333.jpg

1223717366.jpg

1223717423.jpg

each were taken with each other (if you get me).
There is every possibility that both these lenses will find themselves on ebay tomorrow.......

Sorry if I missed it in a previous post, but why are you selling them?

you didn't miss it in a previous post. Well I've got the Canon 400D finishing on ebay today, already made £56 profit and 6hrs to go with 68 (!!) people watching. I can send the Sony back if I wish too..so selling the 400D, lenses, and sending the Sony back would mean around £550ish to spend....

you didn't miss it in a previous post. Well I've got the Canon 400D finishing on ebay today, already made £56 profit and 6hrs to go with 68 (!!) people watching. I can send the Sony back if I wish too..so selling the 400D, lenses, and sending the Sony back would mean around £550ish to spend....

Ok, so now I'm confused. :thinking: Why would you send the Sony back and what did you want to spend the £550ish on?

Ok, so now I'm confused. :thinking: Why would you send the Sony back and what did you want to spend the £550ish on?

erm......A 450D sorry :confused:

erm........why?

*sigh* I went into jessops yesterday and held the 450D for a while and it just felt right..
I've got very small hands (my 12 year old sister has bigger hands :confused:). The Sony actually hurts my wrists if I use it handheld for a period of time.
I went into jessops before buying the A200 and held an A200 and a 450D and the 450D felt alot more comfortable but I couldn't afford it at the time, the A200 wasn't uncomfortable for the short period I held it, but it felt larger and heavier. I considered the 400D but the features of the A200 outweighed the more comfortable feel. Silly I know...

*sigh* I went into jessops yesterday and held the 450D for a while and it just felt right..
I've got very small hands (my 12 year old sister has bigger hands :confused:). The Sony actually hurts my wrists if I use it handheld for a period of time.
I went into jessops before buying the A200 and held an A200 and a 450D and the 450D felt alot more comfortable but I couldn't afford it at the time, the A200 wasn't uncomfortable for the short period I held it, but it felt larger and heavier. I considered the 400D but the features of the A200 outweighed the more comfortable feel. Silly I know...

Sorry, I meant why embarrassed. It was only after my post that I saw yours in the quote box and realised you had put "450D" but the font was white so I couldn't read it in your original post. If the 450D is what feels right to you, then that is the camera for you I'd say. Best of luck to ya! (y)

Sorry, I meant why embarrassed. It was only after my post that I saw yours in the quote box and realised you had put "450D" but the font was white so I couldn't read it in your original post. If the 450D is what feels right to you, then that is the camera for you I'd say. Best of luck to ya! (y)

argh ok. I just feel a bit well...sad tbh, because the Sony is such a feature packed camera and I love the back catalogue of Minolta lenses, and especially Dyxum.

argh ok. I just feel a bit well...sad tbh, because the Sony is such a feature packed camera and I love the back catalogue of Minolta lenses, and especially Dyxum.

That's just it, there's no such thing as the perfect system, despite what the canikon peeps say! ;) I remember when we were house hunting and thinking, I want the lounge from this one, the kitchen from that one...........:D

Judas!!

:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::D..................

Good luck with your new camera (y)

Judas!!

:cautious::cautious::cautious::cautious::D..................

Good luck with your new camera (y)

hehe sorry :( gotta see how the 400D does first though..1 hr left :sulk:

timmygcsc2308

markf is after a 50mm F/1.7,so you may well have a buyer there.send him a PM to see if he still wants one..

good luck with the 450D(y)

ah ok cheers..I might just do that

Sold for £320 in the end, £120 profit. Not bad tbh but I wanted a little bit more I guess, was hoping for £350 profit which may have put me in 40D territory :( anyway I'll have to work some bits out now

hi all, just wondered if minolta lens fit on the A200?

yes,as far as i know..sony and minolta share the A mount.

Indeed, as long as it's an A mount lens, there shouldn't be any problem.

As fabs says, A mount lenses are ok for the Sony cameras. There are some Minolta lenses that are not A mount fittings and will not work on the Sonys. There was a post about these lenses the other week, not sure if I saw it on this site though :thinking:

:wave: Hey, just a question about a possible lens!

I've been wanting a lens with wide aperture for a good while now, but I'm not sure what type to go for, and if i can even afford it under my limited budget!

But basically, it's to fit my Sony A100.
Used or new, so I've been having a wee look on ebay and that.

It's for indoor photography, or just dim light situations... Perhaps for concerts..?
I know the nifty-fifty has a good rep here, but I think I want a zoom lens to have a bit more freedom. Not that it has to be a big zoom though!

Should i go for a 1.4 or 1.8 or 2.8? I there a lot of difference between them?
(Anyone have any pics they have taken that show the narrow dof or something they could show me?)
I guess the 2.8 would be the cheapest?

Any advice is appreciated! :)

:wave: Hey, just a question about a possible lens! .......

I guess the 2.8 would be the cheapest?

Any advice is appreciated! :)

It would be the cheapest, but will still be rather expensive, There are I think F2.8 zooms made by Sigma for the Sony system, although a few of us on here have splashed out and sold our souls to get the Sony f2.8 lens.

For the Sony 70-200 f2.8 then about £1,200 or for the Sony 70-300mm f2.8 a lot more, about £3,850. Tamron do a cheaper 75-200 f2.8 not sure how good it may be, but this link tells you more about it. There may be cheaper places but this is for information only.

http://www.warehouseexpress.com/product/default.aspx?sku=1027469

:eek::eek: I think you mean the Sony 300mm prime at that price!! Man is that Tamron ugly!! :puke:

Yeah sorry fabs, I stand corrected. The Tamron may be ugly but I wonder how good it is, better not show the wife otherwise she will ask why we spent over a grand when I could have got a 'black one to match the camera' for a lot less.....

Yeah sorry fabs, I stand corrected. The Tamron may be ugly but I wonder how good it is, better not show the wife otherwise she will ask why we spent over a grand when I could have got a 'black one to match the camera' for a lot less.....

But it just doesn't look the part when you're sat on the sofa stroking it.........................ooh er, sorry, having a moment there.................:confused: :D

Here is a camera auction with what looks like the metal bodied 35-105.

£15.00 at the moment.

Here is a camera auction with what looks like the metal bodied 35-105.

£15.00 at the moment.

Erm....link?

Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage of that focal range?

Erm....link?

Just out of curiosity, what is the advantage of that focal range?

A good addition to the kit lens, since having one of these, I only ever use the kit lens when I need to go as wide as possible.

Check out the Dyxum score, it is a seriously good lens for the money. I have a couple of pics on my Flickr taken with one. I am actually go to try it at the kids football this morning.

I paid £16 for my first copy, which I broke with too much cleaning and £22 for my second copy.

A good addition to the kit lens, since having one of these, I only ever use the kit lens when I need to go as wide as possible.

Check out the Dyxum score, it is a seriously good lens for the money. I have a couple of pics on my Flickr taken with one. I am actually go to try it at the kids football this morning.

I paid £16 for my first copy, which I broke with too much cleaning and £22 for my second copy.

Fair enough. I'm covered for those focal lengths but I can see where it could be useful.

:agree:

The 35-105mm is FAR too underrated, people pay £120+ for a beercan and can pick up a 35-105 for like ~£25 which produces such fine images, with a little less on the top end but wider on the lower end. The bokeh is also brilliant. Go figure :bonk:

:agree:

The 35-105mm is FAR too underrated, people pay £120+ for a beercan and can pick up a 35-105 for like ~£25 which produces such fine images, with a little less on the top end but wider on the lower end. The bokeh is also brilliant. Go figure :bonk:

But the beercan is a completely different focal range. The 35-105 is not "a little less on the top end", it's half!

But the beercan is a completely different focal range. The 35-105 is not "a little less on the top end", it's half!

yes you're right...lol its Sunday morning :exit:

Got the first chance to give the 70-200 G a good workout yesterday. Have a look HERE.

Hi fellow Alpha users!

Haven't spent much time here lately.
Time just seems so scarce these days......

Recently had a week in beautiful Majorca, and just before I left I got my new lens, the Tamron AF17-50mm F/2.8 Di-II LD Aspherical
and WOW :eek:
What a stunning lens (and incidentally, Rusty who I bought it from is a true 100% awesome guy!!!)

Gave this lens a good work out on holiday, and I seriously love it to bits.
I often in the back of my mind wondered if this F2.8 larky was all it's cracked up to be-is there really any difference in a 'standard' lens and a 2.8.
And now I know the answer is deffo YES!!!!!
It's a whole lot more versatile having a 2.8 and the wide aperture does come in very handy at times.

Only problem is, now I want a 200mm F2.8 :eek: :LOL:

Also bought from Rusty a HVL-F36AM flash.
Again, WOW!!!!!!!
The wireless mode on this flash is something else!!!

Next on my list is a set of extension tubes for closer shots with the Tammy.
It actually takes a pretty decent macro, but (if extension tubes auto focus with this setup???????) a set of tubes are cheaper than a macro lens!!

So if the answer is yes, they will AF, then I'd be grateful if anyone hears of a set could let me know?

Here's a few samples of my holiday 'snaps'!!!!!

mantis1.jpg

sunrise2.jpg

rays1.jpg

Picture083.jpg

rubysand1.jpg

football1.jpg

And here's me (making a silly face, as I always do in pics lol!!!) and my baby.

rubyandme1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back