Calling all sony users

Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning to you all on this splended Monday morning. I recently bought myself the sony alpha 200. I've used it for a few weeks now but I've noticed that ALL the photos I've taken with it seem soft od slightly out of focus. I asked my friend Darren (Jujitsu1) and he gets the same problem. He told me to join this site and see if anybody could help me. I have just the kit lens at the moment so I'm wondering if its just the lens. Darren also told me that the camera as a sharpen function in the menu, but I already have this set to the maxium which is 3. Any help would be very well appreached.

If you are using the 18-70 kit lens, replace it with the 18-55.

Need examples (100% crops) to advise further.

865b34ed58a9620432370eeaf2b971fe.jpg

This one looks out of focus

Its focused on the grass infront, means in running in auto mode.

-Turn off Eye Activated AF
-Make sure you are using "spot" AF. Select the center AF point.
-Set the camera to AF-S, not AF-C mode. Make sure you are not in any "wide" focus modes.

Your camera is fine.

As some of mine are still soft I'll go and try this also. Seen mate I told you somebody on here would be able to help you.

Going to jump in on this one as for me understand why I should do something is important.

-Turn off Eye Activated AF
-Make sure you are using "spot" AF. Select the center AF point.
-Set the camera to AF-S, not AF-C mode. Make sure you are not in any "wide" focus modes.

Two questions - why turn off eye start, and why AF-S rather than AF-C?

I have eye start turned off, but that's because it is annoying when I'm not using the camera and it starts autofocusing while at the end of the strap as it's resting against my coat.

I use AF-C when trying to follow a moving target, I'm not sure what else I would use.

Going to jump in on this one as for me understand why I should do something is important.

Two questions - why turn off eye start, and why AF-S rather than AF-C?

I have eye start turned off, but that's because it is annoying when I'm not using the camera and it starts autofocusing while at the end of the strap as it's resting against my coat.

I use AF-C when trying to follow a moving target, I'm not sure what else I would use.

Without an AF hold button (or not using one, if present), AF-C is very dangerous for anyone who uses focus and re-compose.

AF-S locks focus, AF-C will drift.

Without an AF hold button (or not using one, if present), AF-C is very dangerous for anyone who uses focus and re-compose.

AF-S locks focus, AF-C will drift.

Ah, understood - my requirements are somewhat different, since motorcars moving at speed are my main interest, photographic and otherwise.

Thank you all for the information on turn the af to single shot and the rest of the tips. I dont have enough money as of yet to upgrade my lens. As soon as the weather improves I'm off out to try all this again. :wave:

Back