Calling all wordpress users

Name
Lee
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm going for website ptIII, going to try wordpress this time because people keep going on about it. I'd like to get some ideas of what wordpress can do that doesn't look like a blog.

If you could post links below, I won't be plagiarising your sites I just need to know I'm doing the right thing by using it.

Thanks in advance, Lee.

www.smoothedit.com

Entirely Wordpress driven. Theme makes all thumbnails etc automatically and is only one I have found that can consistently do this. Galleries are made with NextGen plugin.

:D Wordpress = awesome.

Not anywhere near finished yet, but:

www.benclist.co.uk

It's from a template that I want to look into modifying but struggling to find the time at the moment.

Would love to know how the heck you did that with wordpress.

It's a free theme called Viewport, with a few customisations to suit my requirements :)

it's quite an old theme, so from memory I think I had to change a couple of the functions to make it work properly.

Could you give us the url lee...

How do you mean jumps about? The template jumps about? Or the order of pages?

Are the pictures you are putting in different sizes?

Which template are you using matey?

Hmm strange that stuff is moving about. Could you send the link?

All elements stay where they are for me on Firefox (Mac)....

What browser are you using? Could need updating.

Really clean looking so far Lee, I like it!

What bits are moving Lee? Do they move when navigating each page, or just when switching from one browser to another?

The only jumping about I can see (safari&mac) is two of the pages require a scroll bar so the page moves to the left, two of the pages don't so don't move.

Here's my site using wordpress.
www.rally-media.co.uk

Although there is still loads of work to get done on it, only been up and running just over a week.

Last edited:
OH CRAP! Something a tad more worrying. I used to be 1st page of google for "professional photographer Bridgend", now I am 10th

Google positions change regularly, and in a manner only they really understand. I wouldn't be unduely concerned

Hmm wouldn't have thought this would be due to the WP switch as it takes a few weeks before changes filter into rankings... When did you switch to the flash site?

Matt, could you advise on Lee's ranking situation?

If he switched to flash on the 24th, would it be about now that those changes take effect in the listings, not when he switched to WP yesterday?

Back