Calling all wordpress users

nope not paying much but don't have the time to dedicate setting it up. So paid my (small) fee and will end up being happy....:wave:

I have tried to add pages like that but it doesnt seem to work. If you look on my site as it currently is, it has 2 'link' pages that I havent put there.
Under 'dashboard>pages' Ive got 'about, reportage and contact' ( will be adding more when I get it working) but they dont show up :confused:

Also if you click on the 'portfolio' link it doesnt lead to anywhere. How do you direct it to a different page?

So confusing, and I thought I know a little bit of basic HTML.

Matt, can I ask what you used for the images on your main page

I had used Photo Galleria but I didnt seem to come up in the dashboard. Ive disabled that and have installed NextGEN gallery, which is working fine but I still cant add extra pages :thinking:

dashboard>pages>add new.....does nothing.

And yes I have added content to the pages and saved/published it ;) haha

Thanks for the help so far:)

Matt, could you advise on Lee's ranking situation?

If he switched to flash on the 24th, would it be about now that those changes take effect in the listings, not when he switched to WP yesterday?

Assuming you mean me :p

I'd guess it was the switch to Flash, coupled with the off site redirect to Wix... Putting Wordpress back onto the original domain will certainly help get you back up the rankings, rather than harm it (more content for G to consume)

(Why the site change Nick)

Because I'm splitting it down into two distinct sections. One for weddings, one for portraits, and I may scrap the landscape aspect entirely and keep it for my flickr.

At the end of the day, if someone's looking for a wedding or portrait photographer, they're not going to give a **** if I can take a cracking photo of a Cypriot jetty at sunrise - they just want to know that I can deliver on their wedding day.

So - the site's being broken up into two seperate, but similarly branded wordpress sites under the same domain :)

Assuming you mean me :p

I'd guess it was the switch to Flash, coupled with the off site redirect to Wix... Putting Wordpress back onto the original domain will certainly help get you back up the rankings, rather than harm it (more content for G to consume)

Thanks, hopefully it will come back up :crying: I've climbed 3 places since my last post. I'm having trouble finding a 1st page slideshow, what did you use on yours? If you don't mind me asking.

Last edited:
Crap I've dropped to 11th page now :crying:

quite often when you make big changes google drops you for a while. It likes longevity so big changes like you've made often result in you slipping gown prior to coming back stronger

Mine: http://www.nickt.co.uk

Although I will be changing it soon :)

Nice site Nick & I like the way the client galleries work. Can I be so bold as to ask if you used plugins for the client area or was it hand coded?

I am about to do something similar so just curious, I'm very familiar with WordPress but haven't yet done a site with ecommerce/client area. I'd love to see a screen grab of how the client accesses each image if thats at all possible!? Can they choose from a variety of sizes (like some stock library sites) or can they simply 'add to basket' each pic they want to download?

Any pointers appreciated!

Well i took the plunge after reading a few threads and pm'ing the very helpful Mattyh...i've purchased a domain and am running danmonaghan.co.uk!!! Its very early days and im still getting used to wordpress but seems good...not too sure about editing themes (i assume i have to play with the right codes?)....learning curve time!! sorry to hijack!

its one of the nicer ones i've found..looks really slick! I assume when you buy one of those you get all the plugins etc with it?

You don't generally get plugins as they are usually third party so cannot be distributed. They are however, very easy to download and install. The theme documentation will usually give you instructions. ;)

Which reflection theme did you use? There are loads called reflection. I must admit it did take me a while to get used to wordpress, I still find it a bit constrictive as I know nothing about coding. But once you get your mind into the way it works it's really good.

Well i've managed to do some 'coding' !!!! :):)

Ghanged the logo and added drop down menu...

very early days!!

Anyway...how do i take the 'powered by wordpress' footer back down below the picture?? think i've deleted something :D

http://www.danmonaghan.co.uk/

I've just started wordpress as I needed to add a learning blog to my website.

The powered by wordpress under the title is changeable under the settings tab.
The one at the bottom of the page is in footer.php

Back