Calling TPers, design me a simple tattoo.....Finally got it done

Marcel

Kim Jong Bod
Admin
Name
Marcel
Edit My Images
Yes
I forgot to post this last week, and it's getting on.
I'm getting a tattoo on Friday, and I've yet to design one properly...

Why? Because I suck.
I scoured and scoured and scoured google images and ratemyink etc until I found something I quite like.

Two hearts, with scrolls around each, with my kid's names on them. It's going on my upper left arm (so not too big / small).

Here is a mockup of the one I want....I've put my kids names in with Photoshop.
The white lines were just from the screengrab, so, er, imagine them not there please :D

tattooidea03-20090707-235629.jpg

Something similar to this which I like, are these two

tattooidea02-20090707-235503.jpg
and
tattooidea01-20090707-235442.jpg

And I like the writing / font in this one
http://www.marcelbooth.co.uk/m/grabs/tattooidea04-20090708-000642.jpg

but the first one is the closest to what I want. I like the way the hearts are arranged one lower than the other and to the side.

So I'm calling on some lovely TPers to help me create a design that I can scale to a few different sizes in PS and print off for him to do.

Can anyone help? I will promise to mock matty and give him embarassing custom titles thought of by the winner :D

PS. I'm not even telling my wife, it's a surprise for her. Ive neen saying for years I'm gonna get one with the kids names, and she keeps saying I'm chickening out :p

It will be a good suprise, I'm rubbish at designing things though - nearest I have got is someone using one of my pics for his tattoo :LOL: I assume yours will be your avatar when its done?

I designed one for myself a couple of years ago now and errr. I just haven't been past the shop k :)

Have you thought of an ambigram?

https://www.wowtattoos.com/wow/generator.php

Just checked and there are two reversible ambigram's for jennifer and harvey

Last edited:
Hey Marcel

I start a job tomorrow that takes my time for the next 3 weeks, so sorry I can't help out.

If your one month late for your marking it's no big deal, I've got a spot that I've been waiting to fill with my two son's for the last two years, want it right though.

Make sure it's what you want, could be before Friday or two months from now.

Hope you get the design you want.

any decent tattooist should be able to draw things up for you exactly the way you want it, if they can't there's no chance in hell i'd be booking in with them!

as has been said, i wouldn't rush in until the design was finished and you were 100% happy with it...

Oh I wont get it done if I'm not happy with it. It's just I planned to get it done this week, so I want to get it designed for friday :p

how big and where are you going to get the tattoo? this will make a lot of difference to content/detail etc :)

i've got a tattooist friend if you fancied coming to hull who i can vouch for as being superb and could send over some pics if you were in the mood to travel that far :p

Something like this maybe?

marcel2.jpg

I'm having fun playing, so I'll likely be back with something else in a bit :LOL:

EDIT: another for you :LOL: The Ivy represents fertility, the twine to bind you together etc... :D

marcel3.jpg

BTW they both look dodgy because they were drawn using my mouse. :confused: I need to get a writing/drawing tablet. Of course that doesn't excuse the 'in your face' colours!

Last edited:
dude seriously...get a photo in your wallet like most other folk!

Jo that first one's lookin good :D What font is it?

Matty, I gave up carrying a wallet years ago...no point, nowt to put in it :p

I'm going under the needle next Friday and have known what I want and where I want it for a few years - just been waiting to find a tattoo artist I trust.

IMO, names on ribbons/banners need to stay within the banner - no part of the lettering should go over the border.

Enjoy the pain!

Marcel the capitals are Vivaldi, and the lower case are Viner Hand ITC. Now I've had some sleep I realise just how garish that second one is :LOL:

Oh I'm definitely getting it done. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time. I know I don't need to, but I want to, for me :)

I think I'm gonna go for the very first design I posted, I just need to redraw it properly.

Marcel are you really going to put yourself through all that pain ?
If its pain you want I am sure I could "do it" cheaper :D

I have a sharpened paper clip and a bottle of blue ink I could lend you :LOL:

Not a big fan of the 'old school' tats like hearts with scrolls etc. Are you defintely set on hearts?

Go to the artist, say what you want and let them design it. I was tattooed just before may for the first time, my tattooist can't draw but i've seen his work and he can take anything on paper and put it on to skin exactly the same. Mine was for my wife as a wedding present and I went with west african symbols just because of the meaning of them and that most people wouldn't have a clue what it meant! :D

TBH I've not seen many other designs with names on that I actually liked. I'm definitely open to ideas though, of how I can incorporate the two names into a small-ish tat :)

Have to say this is probably the worst way to go about getting something permanent put onto your body. Take your time and design it yourself or get someone you know and trust to help you design it... otherwise you're going to get something you'll regret.

Oh trust me I'm not putting anything on my body that I don't want for life ;)

Well I haven't found a design I'm 100% on yet, so if I dont find one tonight, looks like its cancelled :(

I would design one myself but

A : I suck at drawing
B : I have no creative process in me to design one
C : No ideas apart from the above

Oooh tea's ready!

i know nothing about tattoos at all, but i had a google, here is a website that has a few examples on it...

im sure even if you took in one of these examples and explained what you would want changed the tattooist would be able to get it right.

http://tattoo-art.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=772

Chris.

LOL Flash you threppeny :p

Chris, thanks for that link.
I liked that one you linked to...then I had a quick look on the site and found another that I really like, so it's a very strong possible.....

Gonna go through the site properly later tonight, I've spotted quite a few that I like on there tbh....
(Need to browse when the wife is in bed :D)

Have a word with the artist you are going to, give them a rough idea and you will be supprised with what they can do. majority of my ink is all custom pieces.

I can't say I'm too keen on the hearts/banners ones myself, I always think that they're more for couples names than kids names but that could just be me.

I've always wanted one but struggled to commit to a particular design but there are some interesting designs here:

http://www.tattootribes.com/index.php?idinfo=108

http://www.tattootribes.com/index.php?idinfo=390

And a lot of the other tats on the site have more spiritual meanings and/or designs - that might not be your bag but its worth looking at as some of the designs can be altered to incorporate letters, especially the hearts like this one which could be made more manly etc.

Hope you find one you're happy with (y)

So............? give us an update Marcel! :D

You should buy a copy of that Tattoo magazine you see in WH Smiths.

I've settled on a design. Just working on the font now. Booked into the place for Tuesday morning :D

So it's all go go go. Would have had it done today if I could find the right lettering (and they could fit me in of course).

so??? details???

Back