Cambridge: time lapses and drone footage

Liked this. Nice to see my town from this perspective. damn, has put me back in the mood for a drone!

I'm not sure that definition is reasonable for the 150m limit which refers to 'crowds' and heavily built up areas, in any case the footage was taken with Mavic Zoom and by the looks of it largely from over parkland

Its quite possible to be in some of the open spaces around Cambridge and be over 150m from congested areas.

Reactions: 4wd
Capturing this type of drone footage is OK if you have a PfCO but if you don't then it is illegal to operate "over or within 150 metres of any congested area".

The CAA defines a congested area as "any area which is substantially used for residential, commercial, industrial or recreational purposes"
You are technically correct, however, the CAA passed all investigation and prosecution to the local plod, and I am sure they have better things to do. As for the being licenced, that is just a tax, it’s ok to do something if you pay, but it becomes dangerous if you don’t, it’s the loonies running the asylum, it’s the same as the mad idea that if we register all drones, somehow any problems go away.

As a result of people flying in the wrong place on 13th March 2019 the CAA has introduced CAP1763 which now makes it an offence to fly in an Air Traffic Zone without permission from Air Traffic Control and the whole of Cambridge is covered by the Cambridge airport ATZ. If you want to use a DJI drone you will probably find it won't actually fly in these areas now unless DJI unlock it for you.

I agree this won't make any difference as people are already ignoring the current legislation as in this instance, legislation without enforcement is a waste of time.

Thats annoying, dont have one but not being able to use it there is off-putting, would have been nice early mornings in the summer. Dont see how flying 100ft off the ground in the middle of Cambridge is a threat to ATC?

I am not really interested in the drone legislation as its something I don't do, I am interested in the camera that was attached to it though, obviously not the D850 so what was it? the quality is great

I am not really interested in the drone legislation as its something I don't do, I am interested in the camera that was attached to it though, obviously not the D850 so what was it? the quality is great
Hi,
the tiimelapses were obviously shot with a D850.
The aerial shots with a DJI Mavic 2 zoom drone. The camera is decent, as long as certain conditions are avoided, especially high dynamic range, shooting in full sunny day, hazy situations. Considering the small size of sensor and lenses and the low bit rate (thus high compression) it does a decent work.
Post processing is of course very important

The section with the moon rise is cool :cool:

I like this, your getting good at this justin :), nice to see the introduction of some drone footage as well

Back