Camcorder advice

Canon hfm56, canon hfg25, panasonic x900/20. Best of the bunch or get a panasonic g6 for video and photo

Take a serious look at the Sony PJ780 or the lesser model But still with the BOSS system - great hand held footage and very good picture quality.

You could go for a superzoom bridge camera such as the Lumix FZ200 which has superb video (even has up to 240fps for slomo) as well as excellent stills (JPG and RAW) Plus the 24x optical zoom lens with an f2.8 aperture for the full range.
Check this video example ►

You could go for a superzoom bridge camera such as the Lumix FZ200 which has superb video (even has up to 240fps for slomo) as well as excellent stills (JPG and RAW) Plus the 24x optical zoom lens with an f2.8 aperture for the full range.

This looks very good actually. Amazing content as well

I have the Sony HDR XR500VE HD camcorder, with a 120Gb HDD

Its fairly small, and unlike a lot of camcorders it has a viewfinder as well a 'flip out' LCD screen. Many camcorders now only have an LCD screen, which can be difficult to see in bright sunlit conditions.

The HD video quality is superb.

Although I have a Canon 5D Mklll, and before that, a Canon EOS 7D, both of which have video capability, I much prefer using the Sony for video work.

Dave

Thats some high quality footage - I wonder what lens has been used for this?

Yes, the samples and professional reviews sold me. Even Graham Houghton's YouTube channel further convinced me.
But, after buying it and using it for a couple days - reality was far different.
See my post re the FZ200 here
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/panasonic-fz200-bridge-user-feedback.468051/#post-5939127

I expected a similar conclusion. It is less than 1/2" compact superzoom. It does take very nice HD footage at the long end on tripod, but not much good for anything else :LOL:. If it saves £5000 on long tele then it's fair enough. Perhaps they should make it into a long tele zoom video camcorder :)

Last edited:
Back