Camera 1 and camera 2

Edit My Images
No
I recently bought a mini-softbox to use with the Nikon SB800 flash. Ultra portable and handy for work.
Of course, I had to test it out yesterday before I start using it in anger. ;)
2 shots combined, Shot here in the office, single flash to one side.

heads_sm.jpg

Rob.

(it's the box mentioned in this thread - http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34211 )​

Novel and intriguing. Not sure if the disjunct in head sizes is too much, but its nonetheless a good shot.

My eyes can't settle on it, I keep having to look back and forth between the faces.

i think one face in the pic would be good but like that, its difficult to study the picture.

Love the lighting, how did you get the black background, photoshop?

I like what you've done ther Rob, seems th softbox is working out nicely. I wonder if I could get the same effect with an umbrella or if the light would wrap around more.:thinking:

Love the lighting, how did you get the black background, photoshop?

If you haven't got a black background all you have to do is work on the relationship between light-subject-light-background distances.

Make sure there is as much space as you can afford between the subject and the bkacground, then place the light as close to the subject as you can (without encroaching into the frame or changing the effects of the light). Using this technique it's perfectly possible to turn a white background black.

Thanks all.

The pics we shot in my office, no studio setup. I just pulled the blinds closed and had a desklight on so I could see what I was doing.
Shot handheld at 1/200th and 100iso any ambient light in the room was going to get ignored anyway, blackening everything outside the flash range.

Kev, From my experience with umbrellas, you're going to get a lot more bounce off of walls and ceiling. Of course, for some situations that is ideal, either with a diffused brolly or reflective coated one.

I think the ideal portable setup would be a couple of these boxes and your brollies so you can choose for a more ambient light, or a more directed, yet soft light.

I'm not done yet though :eek:) I've been tempted to try a light globe from Broncolor, simply a translucent sphere that sits on a vertically aimed flash head. If I can find a slighty smaller one, I'll try it on the SB800 too.

I should say, i'm not trying to replace my 'proper' studio lights at all, but arm myself with a very lightweight, highly portable yet flexible set of kit that can be taken to shoots on the motorbike.

I'll have to disagree there mate, I have a 35mm camera that can do multiple exposures on one image - technically the same.

Excellent image Trebs, bit freaky & I think the images may work better individually but I like the image overall (y)

Your right there mate. Sorry my bad totally forgot that was possible :)

Back