camera clubs?

The nearest one to me is about 45 mins drive away.
from reading the post on the link, its 50:50 as to good or bad for camera clubs in general which is what I've discovered from talking to people
Anyone got stories to tell on experiences of clubs?

Anyone in or around bridgnorth, shropshire area who fancies the odd get together?

Don't know that area but do know I made a mistake going to my local club. It depends on you and the club in question. This question comes up fairly often - here are some from the last couple of months.

Thread 1

Thread 2

Thread 3

Thread 4

I'd say give it a go I went along to one of my local clubs a few weeks ago and I'm amazed by how much they do. Talks by well known & respected photographers, they enter all sorts of competitions & they hold workshop nights as well. Plus the people are incredibly friendly.

Hi Chris,

I can recommend Bridgnorth & District Camera Club (my local club) and Newport Photographic Club. If you enjoy Landscape and/or wildlife photography then try Wrekin Arts.

I wuld say that its a good move. Ive being snapping for over 30 years and last year was the first time I joined a club. I now get to print out photos for a reason and as the comps are regular it makes me get up off my fat backside, think about it and take photos. Ive also met some good mates.

You can go along for free and see what happens.

The Basildon club is good. I've been to three or four meetings, even though it is not terribly close to me. There is no membership fee. They offer free biscuits and beverages at each meeting and they have an active programme of events scheduled well into the future.

http://www.meetup.com/photo-569/

Organic said:
Hi Chris,

I can recommend Bridgnorth & District Camera Club (my local club) and Newport Photographic Club. If you enjoy Landscape and/or wildlife photography then try Wrekin Arts.

I found the bridgnorth club on Google, are they a friendly bunch? Very tempted to pop along

Hi Chris, the only way to know is visit them, it depends on what floats your boat, some are very competative, some are more relaxed.

Cuddy said:
Hi Chris, the only way to know is visit them, it depends on what floats your boat, some are very competative, some are more relaxed.

To be honest. I don't know what I want out of it, photography is my passion and I guess I just want to share that

Organic said:
Hi Chris,

I was thinking bout Newport
Camera club for in-between courses and holidays -
Do you think that would be ok?

Brian, you seem to be roughly in the same neck of the woods as me. Any to recommend?

joe

I found the bridgnorth club on Google, are they a friendly bunch? Very tempted to pop along

Very friendly. A great bunch of folk (all ages) at the club with a mixed level of ability. This coming Thursday is a competition night so if you're interested in that sort of thing then come along.

The competition judges are normally very constructive in their criticism. Sometimes you'll agree with them, most of the time you won't. :)

I was thinking bout Newport
Camera club for in-between courses and holidays -
Do you think that would be ok?

Newport has some accomplished and passionate photographers (IMHO) They have a varied programme of events and some excellent photoshop sessions. Competitions are also varied with eclectic themes.

I would recommend that you check out the programme of upcoming events on the clubs website.

Back