camera id help...

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
OK people, I am having a bit of a reminisce and was wondering where one of the cameras that I used to love playing with as a lad went... no help from the family ("It was grey wasn't it?") so asking you lot!

It was a Kodak (I'm certain), it *was* grey, it was a folder - likely 120 rather than bigger, it was a fold longways like the older Kodaks (Autographics and so on) but the clincher, and the bit I loved was the folding action. There were two doors, one inside the other but opposite... so the top door was lifted up, the bottom lifted down and the camera unfolds on the bottom door. I am pretty sure the doors were of a similar shape to the Retina IIa-type, i.e. a sort of square but rounded-ish. In fact, it was messing with a Retina IIa that actually got me reminiscing about this camera.

That's about it - anyone got any ideas?

sounds like one of the Anastigmat compur folders, I can't visualise the folding mech it sounds like a cross between a anastigmat and a vitessa...:thinking:

Not a barn door, one inside the other so the first one opens up to reveal the bottom one that opens down...

That's it! Cool - I can try and get one now... 620 eh? Hmmm.

It's even better than I remember after a quick Google - no wonder my Dad loved it!

gotta get one... gotta get one... gotta get one... can respool 120 easy...

Yv - enjoy your camera - we're all square
creep.gif

Make a cheeky offer Arthur, you never know your luck :D

That is a cracking looking camera, the trouble is I want one now as well :eek:

Make a cheeky offer Arthur, you never know your luck :D

That is a cracking looking camera, the trouble is I want one now as well :eek:

Ooooo - we got a fight on our hands eh? :LOL:

This place does re-spooled 620 film in black and white and colour neg:

http://www.photosupplies.co.uk/wpc/camera-film/

Re-spooling I can do here, raising two grand may be a bit problematic even for me!

Holy F***!!! that price is mental!!

Yup - but nice cameras and so good (well not for me obviously) to see a camera that is expensive because it deserves to be (electronic in 1930 ffs?) rather than because it begins with L!

Back