Camera ID help

Name
Shaun
Edit My Images
Yes
Can anyone help me identify which model this camera is? It looks very similar to a lot different models from this manufacturer searching on google but couldn’t get a definitive match.

I got it off my wife’s grandad and it still had a film in from 27 years ago!

98875100-940B-4C5A-89AD-1C4CA66C4A6C.jpeg
64D044E5-8460-43C4-962E-CCDED16293C0.jpeg

Cool light meter he gave me as well

A644A38F-EE68-476C-BAAD-79D4AC0821D1.jpeg

And a shot of my wife and her twin sister when they were roughly 2 year old from the film that was loaded in, I even opened the camera not realising there was a film in, and still managed to develop it and get 20 shots from the film!

2BB1C278-B23D-4D85-A702-E9F717FCFC93.jpeg

He’s going to try and find the rangefinder (I think that’s what it’s called) to help you measure the distance to set the camera up. I have no idea how you would use a camera like this so gonna do a bit researching tonight and give it a blast sometime this week hopefully.

It looks like a Yashica Minister II. You could download the instruction book via the link to check.

They are a good little camera with a very nice lens. (y)

They are a good little camera with a very nice lens. (y)

It’s a getting a good clean at the minute, then going to take it out tomorrow hopefully. Been having a read of the manual, sounds and looks straight forward enough using the little light meter to set your exposure correctly, however I’ve said that to myself a few times and it isn’t always the case lol

It’s quite odd to focus, matching a tiny part of the image up to get focus in the viewfinder. Could be a very mixed bag the first roll from this lol

It’s quite odd to focus, matching a tiny part of the image up to get focus in the viewfinder. Could be a very mixed bag the first roll from this lol

Rangefinders... marmite, you love 'em (and end up with a Leica) or loathe them.. or swerve between the two!

Rangefinders... marmite, you love 'em (and end up with a Leica) or loathe them.. or swerve between the two!

This is probably going to be a stupid question but I’m going to ask i it anyway. My canon 500 auto loads the film, obviously on this you load it yourself.......so lol, how do you know the frames line up correctly where they’re exposed?

This is probably going to be a stupid question but I’m going to ask i it anyway. My canon 500 auto loads the film, obviously on this you load it yourself.......so lol, how do you know the frames line up correctly where they’re exposed?
Film is not divided into frames. It is just a continuous strip of light sensitive material. The frames are formed by the rectangular film gate - the hole inside the back that leads to the lens. The film in front of this hole is exposed when you press the shutter release button and the rest of the film is not.

...and 35mm cameras going all the way back to the original Leicas have clever gearing to make sure that a complete wind-on action will move the film forward by the same amount, keeping the frame spacing even, and an interlock to stop you tripping the shutter until you've fully wound on to the next frame. Who needs motors? :)

...and 35mm cameras going all the way back to the original Leicas have clever gearing to make sure that a complete wind-on action will move the film forward by the same amount, keeping the frame spacing even, and an interlock to stop you tripping the shutter until you've fully wound on to the next frame. Who needs motors? :)

Yeah it’s so weird having something with no electronics what so ever, very very clever engineering. I’ve cleaned it all up this afternoon so gonna blast through a roll hopefully tomorrow, develop it and maybe get them scanned in before bed to see how it, or more so I, performed lol

Back