Camera Jungle

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Not impressed
Lens described as excellent shouldn't have a curly little hair between the elements.
Ok, can get a refund, but its all the hassle and disappointment too.

Last edited:
Wish I'd seen this before buying from them, would have chose elsewhere. I ordered from them yesterday and when I go to check my order now it's saying it's not dispatched but 'On back order' - how the hell can this be if it was available when I clicked to purchase?? They have until Monday to get it shipped or I'll cancel and get same elsewhere. Should have just went with Wex

And hipocracy.

Their customer service appears to consist of one woman albeit a very helpful one.
Couldn't get through by phone to ask about my refund so sent an email.
Got a reply saying sorry the phone didn't get answered, but she had to go for her lunch break.
Sorted it out efficiently so can't complain, your case does seem ridiculous though
Either they have it or not, how can you back order a secondhand item?

Their customer service appears to consist of one woman albeit a very helpful one.
Couldn't get through by phone to ask about my refund so sent an email.
Got a reply saying sorry the phone didn't get answered, but she had to go for her lunch break.
Sorted it out efficiently so can't complain, your case does seem ridiculous though
Either they have it or not, how can you back order a secondhand item?

I emailed to ask why it was showing as 'on back order' [Fri morn, ordered it Thurs eve] and got no response since. I also messaged their FB page, again no response. I will give them benefit of doubt and see if they get it shifted Monday morn. What grates me about it is I'm paying 3x the delivery amount that UK residents have to, and yes it does have to travel further, but you'd think they would like to get those packages out sooner because of this! Their delivery is more expensive than MPB too

If this was a private sale and the seller told me they couldn't post for a few days I'd be absoloutely fine, if CJ had responded to my email or message saying all was well, it's just they are backed up a little on orders because of the 10% off - all would be fine. It's the silence! The not knowing, do they even have the camera I selected? I mean they show images of each used camera they have, with magnifying options so you can inspect it before choosing! I literally chose the first one on display as it looked perfectly fine! And now it's on 'back order'??

Also, what's with the hypocrisy quote thingy? :D

Last edited:
I rang them on Thursday and a Jessops Customer relations assistant answered, apparently CJ are in the process of moving premises and this is why problems are occurring at the moment!

I emailed to ask why it was showing as 'on back order' [Fri morn, ordered it Thurs eve] and got no response since. I also messaged their FB page, again no response. I will give them benefit of doubt and see if they get it shifted Monday morn. What grates me about it is I'm paying 3x the delivery amount that UK residents have to, and yes it does have to travel further, but you'd think they would like to get those packages out sooner because of this! Their delivery is more expensive than MPB too

If this was a private sale and the seller told me they couldn't post for a few days I'd be absoloutely fine, if CJ had responded to my email or mu nen it should and owessage saying all was well, it's just they are backed up a little on orders because of the 10% off - all would be fter theterine. It's the silence! The not knowing, do they even have the camera I selected? I mean they show images of each used camera they have, with magnifying options so you can inspect it before choosing! I literally chose the first one on display as it looked perfectly fine! And now it's on 'back order'??

Also, what's with the hypocrisy quote thingy? :D

Hope it turns up with you when it should and in the desired condition

Thought it was a bit much for him to dig anyone out for bad spelling after that dreadful attempt at "hipocracy"
Don't think he and I see eye to eye on very much, oh well that's life

They operate from a small office above Jessops Oxford Street with a couple of staff as far as I know. All Jessops p/x equipment goes straight to them.

They operate from a small office above Jessops Oxford Street with a couple of staff as far as I know. All Jessops p/x equipment goes straight to them.

If it's simply a case of them waiting for the stock to arrive where they ship from that would be fine, instead of telling the customer it's on 'back order' because that sounds as if they don't actually have it.

Back