Camera plus 150-600mm lens harness

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi new to all this , so need some help, I have a Nikon D5200, and just brought a Sigma 150-600mm contempory lens , which when I walk around the nature reserve kills me neck , chest and wrists, thinking about a harness , so the lens would be by my side and I could hold it in place when walking but have no weight on my wrists if that makes sense. harness needs to be padded strong but not cost the earth, any ideas please?

Have a read through this thread

Or ask on the 150-600 C thread. I use the Q strap sling with Gripped D300/D3 with 300f/4, 70-200f/2.8 and they sit just on my hip while my hand can hold/steady them as I walk.

Just done a google search on a Q strap and that looks ideal thanks

A bit smaller and lighter but I used to do the same with my old 150-500 Sigma before I went down the Fuji route. With my 100-400, I hook the lens's tripod foot behind the chest strap of my back pack.

I have the sport version and use a black rapid strap with modifications

I used to use a Black Rapid and agree with Brian. One thing I will say though is that although it is easier on the neck than the normal strap, after spending 3/4 of the day with it on I still felt it. I now use a Spider holster, so much better as all the weigh is on the hips, it also doesn't swing about when you lean over

I used to use a Black Rapid and agree with Brian. One thing I will say though is that although it is easier on the neck than the normal strap, after spending 3/4 of the day with it on I still felt it. I now use a Spider holster, so much better as all the weigh is on the hips, it also doesn't swing about when you lean over
So does the camera clip on to the spider holster, some how, also if it does, when you unclip it is the camera still connected to the holster in case you drop it?

So does the camera clip on to the spider holster, some how, also if it does, when you unclip it is the camera still connected to the holster in case you drop it?
Hi Tim, you attach either a plate to the camera or a pin to the lens foot, which slots into the holster. This can be locked in to stop theft. once removed it isn't attached to the belt, however you can buy an additional tether which goes over the shoulder to protect against accidental droppage, I use mine in conjunction with a hand strap which keeps ensures I always have a firm grip, I have also seen it used in partnership with the Carry Speed Strap as this strap uses a similar plate to attach. Here is a link to a video about the holster

http://spiderholster.com/single-camera-system/

Thanks Chris , sounds perfect, thought I would take my camera and lens to the shop and try before I buy, but sounds the best so far!

just noticed in the single holster they only do it right handed

Back