Beginner Camera Recommendations for replacement Nikon D60?

Name
Sara
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Can anybody suggest/recommend a camera for my requirements?

I love the clarity of photo that my old Nikon D60 produces but due to its weight (880g with battery & its 18-55mm kit lens) with my health conditions, it's now too heavy for me to use anymore.
So I need a camera to:
-Be more lightweight & less cumbersome than the above (due to my health condition causing me to have weakness in my wrists & arms)
-Produce clear, quality photos
-Be capable of being used photographically for: wildlife/animals (so needs to be good at capturing movement), landscapes & seascapes
-Priced £500 definite max

Any ideas?

Last edited:
You may have to take a look at compact cameras for a lighter weight

You could look at a micro four thirds kit but it depends how much weight you need to shed - WEX give the weight of kit under the specification tab but sounds like it'd be wise to hold one before you decide. I'd guess a body and kit lens would be about half the weight.

You wouldn't have the focus/ tracking speed of a DSLR - you mention wildlife - but perhaps the best compromise.

They're still 'system' cameras so you'd retain the option of other lenses, etc. if that was important.

You can also add (electronic) viewfinders to many of the bodies that don't come with them, which can be a big plus.

Maybe a " Bridge Camera " would help. Still has a lot of automatic options with some zoom without a weighty lens. Still looks good... I have a second hand Nikon D3100 which is a recent purchase from a friend but Still like my Samsung Bridge camera..

Back