Camera servicing

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
No
Can anyone suggest a good place to get a Rolleicord Va serviced? The slower speeds stick.

Try Brian Micklebro

Formerly of The Studio Workshop, London. Mr. Mickleboro is factory trained and has 30-40 years of experience in servicing Rollei cameras. Highly recommended.

I can't find his email at the moment but he's a Rolleiflex trained engineer and I've used him a few times with no problems.

Try Brian Micklebro

Formerly of The Studio Workshop, London. Mr. Mickleboro is factory trained and has 30-40 years of experience in servicing Rollei cameras. Highly recommended.

I can't find his email at the moment but he's a Rolleiflex trained engineer and I've used him a few times with no problems.

From other info on here, I understand that Miles is due to retire and no longer accepting additional work.
I’d like to think mistaken, but.......

• Sad
Reactions: Sky
Brian serviced my Rolleicord Vb in March, and and I think his email is bjmick@aol.com
I'll check when I am on the computer later.
Confirming that is the correct email for Brian, and the cost was £96 inc p&p to service the shutter and check over the camera to ensure all was working well.

From other info on here, I understand that Miles is due to retire and no longer accepting additional work.
I’d like to think mistaken, but.......

That's what I'd been told, although Miles' website still doesn't say anything about it. Might be worth emailing him him to find out @Ben johns

You're the first person I've ever heard say a bad thing about him.

Likewise!

If that is the case it is a shame to learn as I've had a number of SLR camera bodies and LF lens shutters repaired / serviced by him and experienced no issues whatsoever.
Even had one of them dipital thingies repaired by him once....

Reactions: Sky
I should also add I sent him an Olympus OM and he did a sterling job on that one. He did not do a good job on my TLR however.

Sorry to be that guy - feel free to ignore my experience. Might have been a bad day for him. We all have bad days I guess.

Miles has done quite a few jobs for me and always done outstanding work. For photographys’ sake, I hope he isn’t retiring!

My experience too. Really hope he's not closing up shop :(

I've always used Brian for TLR and Miles for everything else. I've been very happy with every repair and service they've carried out for me.

Just wanted to add another positive review for Miles on this thread.

Miles has worked on my Hassleblad a couple of times, a Minolta XD11 and a Minolta XA amongst others over a few years now and I cannot fault his service.

That is the first negative comment I have heard too.

Goodness, I hope he isn't retiring!

M

I would not recommend Miles Whitehead. He did quite a poor job on my Minolta Autocord.
That's a real surprise, I've used him for almost 10 years, servicing everything from TLR's to Nikon autofocus lenses and never had a problem. Did you tell him that you weren't happy? He's always been very responsive when I've had queries.

That's a real surprise, I've used him for almost 10 years, servicing everything from TLR's to Nikon autofocus lenses and never had a problem. Did you tell him that you weren't happy? He's always been very responsive when I've had queries.

Indeed:- when it didn't fix my Canon 19mm lens problem, that he thought could be solved by straightening the metal casing slightly, he gave my money back.

Miles has replied.

He‘s planning on slowing down from next January (2021), but is still working as normal at present. He will put recommendations for alternatives on his website when he begins his slowdown but says he will never totally stop as its in his DNA. :)

That's good to know and thanks for finding out for the benefit of everyone who has used or could use him (including me). I have had a couple of jobs done by Miles and been very happy with the service, price and communication.

Miles has replied.

He‘s planning on slowing down from next January (2021), but is still working as normal at present. He will put recommendations for alternatives on his website when he begins his slowdown but says he will never totally stop as its in his DNA. :)

My mention of him retiring is related to another thread in here somewhere not started by myself.
I’ll link to it if I can find it

Back